Been Pretty Busy The Last Few Days

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well got power back on at 8:30 am this morning since 5:00 am Sat. Been helping a lot of neighbors with tree and limb clean up . Man this being a Cat 2 hurricane it did a lot of damage. I myself had no home damage but a lot of my neighbors did. The Oak trees took the most damage. But a lot of pines damaged to. So much to talk about and do'nt know were to start.
Hope to have some pics posted in the next few days. Me and my family Fred well. And talking about family I have to tell everyone about how I got my generator. Started looking for a generator Sat. about noon and was'nt any between Houston and Dallas including Dallas. My BIL lives in Forney about 20 miles East of Dallas. He gave his father in Arkansas a call and he was able to get me one at a Lowes. He drove it to my BIL in Forney by 12:00 pm Sunday and my BIL met me in Corsicana at 2:00pm. By 5:30 pm Sunday I was back up with power. Thank God for family! I'm sorry PB but my family bailed me out.:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

On Sunday, I came in to Home Depot to work and we had a half dozen generators left. I fielded a dozen calls in the first hour I was there, and sold every single one of them. Ironically, my first call was from the Fort Smith store who was on the phone with a guy in Dallas looking for one. I sold one over the phone to the guy in Dallas and he had a friend pick it up.

Last edited:
I'm down in Beaumont and we have guys sitting in parking lots with generators for sale at ridiculous prices and most of them are chinese knock-offs. You can't find a generator down here period at the present time.

On Sunday, I came in to Home Depot to work and we had a half dozen generators left. I fielded a dozen calls in the first hour I was there, and sold every single one of them. Ironically, my first call was from the Fort Smith store who was on the phone with a guy in Dallas looking for one. I sold one over the phone to the guy in Dallas and he had a friend pick it up.

That's good mule. It's amazing how far reaching something like this is. My brother came by about an hour ago for my generator because he will be without power for another week.:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

. . .Man this being a Cat 2 hurricane it did a lot of damage. I myself had no home damage but a lot of my neighbors did. The Oak trees took the most damage. But a lot of pines damaged to. So much to talk about and do'nt know were to start. . .

Hang in there and pace yourself. It takes a long time to clean up.

Philbert

Not a plug or anything :) , but did you know you can buy standby generators starting at under $2000 that includes a transfer switch? They'll kick on automatically when your power goes out--within 30 seconds. They most commonly run on natural gas, but can also run on propane. Seems to me like it'd be pretty cheap insurance if you're in a hurricane prone area.

I'm down in Beaumont and we have guys sitting in parking lots with generators for sale at ridiculous prices and most of them are chine's knock-offs. You can't find a generator down here period at the present time.

Yeah Brimmstone I know. Thursday before the storm not far from me they were selling the Chin's gen. They had about 300 and sold them all.:dizzy: :dizzy: . I got a John Deere so I hope it lasts awhile at lest.:givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

If you had the capital and the time, you could definitely make a good ROI by buying generators during calm spells and driving down to the coast and selling them during storms. I've seen generators back ordered for a month here in Arkansas after a major storm in the gulf.

Latest posts

Back