Being Bad

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A recent trip report mentions coming to a river difficult to ford, so the person cut down a few trees to make a bridge. They said the trees were dead. Is this OK? Is it OK some places, but not others? I'm not trying to take a shot at them, since I have no idea if what they did is acceptable practice. I will say it doesn't seem right to me. But that "seeming" is just a guess, not based on any information, just my initial gut feeling. And this is an area that burned not too long ago, so there are plenty of dead snags falling all over the place anyway, so maybe I should feel differently?

So, what is your opinion about whether or not this should be legal, and does anyone know if in fact it is legal? I would never do it if it wasn't legal or if I didn't know one way or the other. Maybe not even if it was OK, mainly because it seems like a lot of work and might make for an unsafe (for me) crossing.

I'm bad. I answered this question, which is on another, more tree hugging forum, partly by posting the video of Greenwedge falling that Alaskan spruce. I did mention that his dog should have been on a leash.

Was this a good thing to do????:hmm3grin2orange: Oh, I did mention that no creeks were involved in that video.

Reformation? You did what had to be done. And the video, well, as fantastic as it is, it was simply utilizing a clockwork orange type therapy. All justified, for the greater good. Thank you, from all of society.

So long as no creeks were harmed in the making of the video you did ok ;-)

Sometimes loggers are their own worst enemies, but it still gets a smile out of me every time I see someone wearing a 'campbells spotted owl soup' T shirt, or that hat that has "EARTH FIRST" in big writing across the top, and underneath in small print "we'll log the other planets later".

Back