Best bar brand and model for length and balance for ported Husqvarna 346

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey Team,

The title says it all:

I am searching for the best overall bar combo for the Husky 346/Jonsered 2153 saws.

18 or 20 inch ideally

This saw will likely get some woods porting by me and be hopefully stronger than stock or at least the equivalent of a muffler mod and base gasket delete with the Zama carb modified for extra fuel and the vent modded for more air.

I would like to make use of the power, but not have an overly-nose-heavy saw. I also don't want to spend $120 on a bar for what will amount to firewood use, but, I admit I want the best bang for the buck and if one bar will outlast another by 2:1, the price may be justified.

I have heard that Oregon has gone downhill, so I will stay away....

I am wanting a pro bar, not a laminate.

Husky Tech lite?
Tsumura- Total Super?
Sugihara?
GB pro titanium?
Woodsman pro?
Sandvik Windsor?

Anybody know of great deals at the sponsor sites?

Or does anyone have some NOS bars they might sell?

These are for two of my personal saws that aren't for sale(hopefully).

Thanks in advance!

Best bar length on a standard saw 15 or 16 inch, what is available for you, for ported I would still not exide 18 inch.

And tsumura or sugi hara would be top of my list!

While not quite as sexy as a Sugi they are surely the best bang for the buck around. I run a 16" on a stock 346 and very happy with it.

The shiny sugis look nice and the quality is top shelf but the orange and black GBs look awesome on huskies and the paint has held up well on mine so far. Hopefully the rails follow suit...it's definitely a much nicer bar than a laminated one at the same or less price.

The shiny sugis look nice and the quality is top shelf but the orange and black GBs look awesome on huskies and the paint has held up well on mine so far. Hopefully the rails follow suit...it's definitely a much nicer bar than a laminated one at the same or less price.
I don't worry much about the paint. I'm not a saw polisher, mine get run hard. The GB rails have held up much, much better than the stock laminated Husky bar. Seemed like it was made of Popsicles. Almost melted away.

And OP, I really prefer the balance and performance of a 16" on a 50cc saw. The 18" should still balance fine, 20" might be a tad nose heavy. Everyone's entitled to their own preference.

I wouldn't be worried about it if it were on my work saws but I have one on my ported 346/350 that has pretty much become a polished toy now that I have the 346. The GB TI on the 372 definitely shows some paint wear but the rails are still cherry.

20160106_152622.jpg

You will not find a better deal than these GB Arbor Pro bars from LCS. I have one on my ported 346/350 and am about to buy another for my 346. They are very nice bars for the money!

http://leftcoastsupplies.com/product/18-gb-arbor-pro-bar-325-063/

this! I have one of these on my 450, very nice bar that has withstood some decent abuse. I actually stripped all the orange paint off of mine because it was all haggard. you will NOT find a better bar for 2 or even 3x the price.

-scott

Latest posts

Back