Best bar for the pro user who cuts & bore cuts hardwood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whichever you find the best bargain on. Issues will be weight, stiffness and longevity. Assuming u'r using a 28" or longer, and aren't Northman's size, the light bars are nice. The Sugi light is very well built, and if you can get a bargain, they are great. I'm looking for a good price on a 28" tech lite. The longer power match bars are a bad combination of floppy, heavy, and quick wearing, but the price is right.
Not sure if they make a bar that doesn't bore well

IF you do a lot of bore cuts look at the stihl wide tip, dont know if other manufacturers make one.

I'm pretty sure there was a recent post on the wide tip stihl being discontinued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to use one that has a chain on it.

You didn't mention what saw or bar size, and I didn't see any pro saws in your lineup so maybe just put a chain on whatever bar you've got. If you're feeling adventurous maybe even ask for some non safety.

You didn't mention what saw or bar size, and I didn't see any pro saws in your lineup so maybe just put a chain on whatever bar you've got. If you're feeling adventurous maybe even ask for some non safety.
I don't have a pro saw, but I like those aggressive bars, and non-safety chains to go on my not so pro saws.
pro91speafinally0051.jpg

You must have been looking at the wrong post Shaun. The OP's sig has a bunch of pro saws

Not being in the income bracket of Stihl saw purchasers, I have never used one of the Wide tip Stihl bars. besides the obvious (looking super cool), how does the wide tip perform better?

it does not have the tendency to throw a chain while undercutting with the tip and I think it is smoother in a bore. although some will argue the opposite.
I cannot prove it but I think the tip lasts longer as well.

I don't really have a preference over the narrow or wide nose stihl bars. It's not that big of a difference. There is 2 extra sprocket teeth on the wide nose. I am getting ready to swap my 48" and 41" over to 3/8" chain here soon with the new tips I got.

Latest posts

Back