Best Bar Length for Ballance and Handling on 570/575/576?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What length bar handles best on a 570/575xp/576xp?

• 28"

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • 24"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChrisAdam45

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a 575xp power head that I'm planning to run so I need a bar for it. I don't know if I should get a 24" or 28" bar. I cut softwoods for firewood and have been using a 288xp w/ 32" and only two times in three years have I cut anything that I really needed 32" for so I think 24" would be able to cut most everything for me. I want to know which bar will make the saw handle best? I like to be able to stand up straight and limb a tree that's laying flat on the ground with the nice long reaching bar, can a 24" do that? Is there a significant weight difference between a 24" and 28" Oregon Powermatch bar? Is there a particular length that makes these saws feel "right"?

Thanks.

I like a 28" lightweight bar the best. A 28" is really only 3" longer than the 24". It will feel nice with a 28" techlite or oregon reduced weight.

If you can get away with the 24" bar I would go with that. I run a 24 on my 576 and it feels fine, but then again I've never run a 28. With the shorter bar your chains are going to cost you less, less cutters to file, and a less expensive bar.

Latest posts

Back