best bar oils

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carym2a

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So, as far as bar oil goes whats the best , for cling and lube , also how many guys grease the sprocket tips or let the oil do the job?

Cary

Without a doubt..it's Gary Goo..!!

And it's also the best gas/oil mix as well..!!

Buy one product and have double usage..!!

Why would anyone consider anything less..??
:cheers:
J2F

The best bar oil is the one you can get the cheapest. It all works good and serves it purpose. I use Itasca now because I get a good deal on it. If I find another brand thats cheaper then I'll try it.

The Itasca seems tackier than the Stihl oil to me. I like it alot. You may have to thin it just a little with kerosene or something when it gets cold but that holds true with many brands. It's just personal preference to what thickness you want really.

You're not stuck with using the local search facility.

You can DAGS similar to [best bar oil site:arboristsite.com] and Google will find it. (Lose the brackets.)

Then there are no alibis.

The KY brand is a very good lube. It is environmentally friendly and always helps you get the job done.:D

The best bar oil is the one you can get the cheapest. It all works good and serves it purpose. I use Itasca now because I get a good deal on it. If I find another brand thats cheaper then I'll try it.

The Itasca seems tackier than the Stihl oil to me. I like it alot. You may have to thin it just a little with kerosene or something when it gets cold but that holds true with many brands. It's just personal preference to what thickness you want really.

I love the itasca but I was getting it for $6.98 now they went up to 10.98 a gallon.

By best you mean ...

Best for the saw and the environment - G-Oil most likely as it's made from bio-degradable base stocks, but it ain't cheap. It's a patented formula and the only oil allowed on some environmentally controlled job sites. Plus it's made in the USA from North American base stocks.

Best for the wallet - Wal-Mart house brand unless you have a commercial discount somewhere? Works fine. Easy to get. Can be thinned with other oils if need be.

Back