Best bench mill for decking and milling.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get the 4 jaw chuck later, but expect to pay some coin for it.. 4 jaws are cheaper 3 jaw though, I think for that size they'd be between $150-250 depending on the quality I'm sure you can spend more!

You can get the 4 jaw chuck later, but expect to pay some coin for it.. 4 jaws are cheaper 3 jaw though, I think for that size they'd be between $150-250 depending on the quality I'm sure you can spend more!
That's not tooooo bad since the jet bd 920 n that I found is only $750
That will work

I don't see the point in an expensive 4 jaw chuck as long as the jaws run smoothly... you're going to be using the dial indicators to center the piece anyhow.. Now on 3 jaw chucks with a scroll, quality matters more, if the jaws aren't all centered, you'll never get your piece centered, and that means every time you take the part out, you have to put it in the same way or your next cut will be totally out... trust me, I fight my lathe on this all the time. I did regrind the faces of it and now it's only about .001" out, but sometimes I like attempting to do fine work

Going to get the lathe soon
Thank u

Thank u for ur feed back and info
This is going to be the first time I'm using a metal lathe, I'm used to a wood lathe but I know this is a completely different animal. I have a crazy amount of junk cylinders so I'll have plenty to practice on.
I'm done with the guess work playing around with these cylinders to get my squish. Finally I'm going to able to cut and be done. I'll probably will be searching for the set ups on this site.
Thanks again

I don't see the point in an expensive 4 jaw chuck as long as the jaws run smoothly... you're going to be using the dial indicators to center the piece anyhow.. Now on 3 jaw chucks with a scroll, quality matters more, if the jaws aren't all centered, you'll never get your piece centered, and that means every time you take the part out, you have to put it in the same way or your next cut will be totally out... trust me, I fight my lathe on this all the time. I did regrind the faces of it and now it's only about .001" out, but sometimes I like attempting to do fine work
image.jpg
What u think

image.jpg Lol not yet
My shop is madness right now but it's in there

I have to cut some cylinders soon
I'll let u now how the turn out

The Mac boxes make it look tiny.But it should do what your after.My lathe makes my Mac boxes to tiny.Ha

Latest posts

Back