Best carb for 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 064 has lack luster throttle response. Otherwise it runs great. It has the Bing carb on it. I conversed with Woodie and his has instant throttle response with a WY carb. My IPL shows a WJ-65 carb. The Bing on my saw is not compensated but the filter back could be made to accomodate it. What would be the best carb to put on this saw?

The Bings ran pretty good on them. Just for kicks open your H 1/8 a turn and see what happens, . If it's stock and the carb is right it should run fine. if it's modded, then ???

It has the original 85cc top end on it. It's been ported and has a new Meteor piston and rings. I have not put a kit in the Bing. I put a retrofitted Walbro pump diaphragm in it. The rest is original. It appeared to be in good condition and is clean. I realize that doesn't mean much. Unfortunatle Bing kits are not as easy to come by and I haven't tracked one down. My thoughts were that if a Walbro would give better throttle response, I might as well put the cost of the Bing kit towards the new Walbro.

The bing carbs are the best.

Cheapstihlsawparts should have Bing kits - I pulled a bunch for him from NOS carbs. I have no problem finding the aftermarket windrosa bing kits. You don't get or need the metering arm - it's not adjustable anyhow.

Back