Best chain for craftsman

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first step to choosing a chain is to read the printing on the bar. It will specify things like pitch, typically .325 or 3/8. It will also specify gauge which is often .050 or .058. Also listed will be the drive link count which for my 20 inch bar is 72dl.
Best chain begs the question of what kind of cutting you are doing. If you are working with dirty wood a semi-chisel lasts longer than a chisel but in clean wood a chisel is faster cutting. If you return and post your cutting needs/uses along with the information from the bar there are folks here than can definitely give you some good advice.
I am running a 3/8, .050, 72dl on my Husky in full chisel, but all of my cutting is in clean wood and I don't hesitate to touch up the chain every few tanks of fuel to keep it razor sharp.

first thing is to get it started and tuned correctly..otherwise the chain is not the issue. CRAPSMAN is not a brand I would rely on but if that is all you have..I would read the manufacturer's recommendations and stick with it. wide open throttle and let the chain do the work.. don't try to force it. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back