Best chain for non AV saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FergusonTO35

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm wondering what the best chain is for non antivibe saws. I have two almost identical Poulans, a 2050 and a 2150. Both wear factory bars and slightly different Oregon low kick chains, one has bumpers between the cutters and the other does not. Both seem to cut equally well however the bumper chain is alot more comfortable to use. What are your favorite chain for non-AV saws?

Hey guys. I'm wondering what the best chain is for non antivibe saws. I have two almost identical Poulans, a 2050 and a 2150. Both wear factory bars and slightly different Oregon low kick chains, one has bumpers between the cutters and the other does not. Both seem to cut equally well however the bumper chain is alot more comfortable to use. What are your favorite chain for non-AV saws?
Well this a question I've never seen / heard asked before. There is no answer to your question.

I have no knowledge of any chain manufacturer that makes a chain for specifically non-AV saws.

Ask your dealer to duplicate the chain that you do like..to put on the saw you don't like the chain that's on it.

(if you like the feel of a safety chain...so be it - - it's your $$ and preference so just buy what you like..!!)
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
Well this a question I've never seen / heard asked before. There is no answer to your question.

I have no knowledge of any chain manufacturer that makes a chain for specifically non-AV saws.

Ask your dealer to duplicate the chain that you do like..to put on the saw you don't like the chain that's on it.

(if you like the feel of a safety chain...so be it - - it's your $$ and preference so just buy what you like..!!)
J2F

+1!

(J2F! How's it tickin' chicken?)

+1!

(J2F! How's it tickin' chicken?)
Well..I'm still "ticking and clicking" today at least..!!

Freaking hospital doctors had me in ICU for what I don't know..4 years ago..!!

Said I had a bad heart..bad lungs..bad liver..bad kidneys..and a BAD ATTITUDE..!!

Like I was a walking dead man..well..I'm still kickin'..just older..more feeble..but wiser by the day..!!
(wiser by the day..well probably..only in my dreams..!!) - - (that's a old Southern expression)

{EDIT: All nurses were just great..it was the administration doctors I had the big problems with..!!}

So good to talk to ya!!!
J2F

Last edited:
Yeah, I've seen that stuff with two bumpers for every cutter. My 2050 came with it from the factory, it made an early exit. I didn't think that anyone made a chain just for non-AV saws, just wondering if some were better than others in this regard. I mostly use 91VX chains, the current chains on these saws are just what I had at the time.

Latest posts

Back