Best Chinese chainsaw, Farmertec Vs Neotec Vs ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not many people who depend on a saw to make a living run clones. They are for guys who dont need a big saw often and have spares.
I have clones but if I have to go get another saw to finish a job it's a half hour trip tops and im cutting my own firewood with time to kill so it's not a big deal.
A couple of my buddies cut a lot of firewood and dont carry a spare saw, I dont recommend clones to them.
I only cut firewood but I think at this point if I did this for a living I would still use the holzfforma clone saws as they have been just as reliable as my stihls.

the reason being is instead of only having 1 saw for 1200 bucks like the 660 I can have 4 of them for the same price and I would probably keep atleast one spare with me at all times.

I only cut firewood but I think at this point if I did this for a living I would still use the holzfforma clone saws as they have been just as reliable as my stihls.

the reason being is instead of only having 1 saw for 1200 bucks like the 660 I can have 4 of them for the same price and I would probably keep atleast one spare with me at all times.
All my saw are clones.
My buddies dont like working on anything so I dont recommend a clone to them, they wont stop if it's running funky, they'll cut until it blows if it's still running. I rebuilt a burned up 61 with a chinese 272 top end for one of them, he burned it up when the intake bolts came loose, he said it cut fine it just wouldnt idle, IDK how it ran the carb was hanging off it lol. I lock tighted the hell out of the bolts the second time.

I should have added to this post that 4 weeks ago I bought one of the Farmmac chainsaws made by NeoTec. It was on Amazon for 279.99 with $40.00 off. It was model Farmmac F372W. I would not recommend anyone to buy this saw. It would not oil the bar and it would either run too rich or when leaned out just a little would rev up and then act like it was starving for fuel. And it was not bouncing off the rev limiter. I did look at the oiling problem and discovered it did not have the grommet on the oil line behind the bar plate. The oil was never making it to the oil slot and just dripping down the clutch cover. I called NeoTec and was told to buy the grommet and I would been reimbursed the cost of the part but with two problems I did not want to put time and money into it.They would not give a refund but did give me free shipping back to them and supposedly I will get a new saw. I am still waiting for it . I got it cheap enough so if this one is not right I will make it right but right now Holzfforma ( at least mine ) is way better than NeoTec/Farmmac. And when I said I run my saws every week I should have added that I am not running my Stihl or Husky saws except the 395 if I run into very large wood. I want to see just how well they will hold up. I take 4 saws with me when I cut, the two 372xp clones, the 272 clone, and my Husky 395xp. I normally do not sharpen chains when cutting, I just switch to a different saw or I always have a replacement chain with me for each saw I have with me. I am cutting 90% Oak and now especially with the short days I need to use my time wisely.The other 10% is Maple and Cherry. I mix my own fuel with ethanol free pump gas and high quality synthetic oil.

Talking to local about his Farmertec G372xp pro yesterday. He has 4 tank through it so far with zero issues.

Told him he gets to 10 or so bring her in for a retune to let her really eat. I set her little rich from new.

Then can see if all else is well too.

He is happy with his saw is all that matters. First clone for him.

Also tuned a PR5020 for him for his back up smaller saw 50cc.

He has owned saws to the pioneer homelite days when he bought new. Like hearing his tells of saws he used over the years.

Have you been into various 70cc copy-saws?

Is it just a crap shoot on what they put together that day? Or is their consistency in production? More consistency in one brand vs another?

How about the stihl copy 70cc offerings? I kinda like that 038 copy (is that what it is?) maybe..I wish the husky copies came in lo-tops.

It's probably a 372xp copy I'm really after. Lo top..

And here's an out-there one; how about that Proyama 68cc overbored/stroked (idk) zenoah copy? I do like the little top handle proyama quite a bit. The plastics seem of decent quality and the fit is near perfect..so..I figure 68cc (is it really?) in a what appears to be a 50cc chassis might be something nice??

Still probably a husky copy I'm really after tho..🧐

Is it just a crap shoot on what they put together that day? Or is their consistency in production? More consistency in one brand vs another?

How about the stihl copy 70cc offerings? I kinda like that 038 copy (is that what it is?) maybe..I wish the husky copies came in lo-tops.

And here's an out-there one; how about that Proyama 68cc overbored/stroked (idk) zenoah copy? I do like the little top handle proyama quite a bit. The plastics seem of decent quality and the fit is near perfect..so..I figure 68cc (is it really?) in a what appears to be a 50cc chassis might be something nice??

Here's the thing, I like iow tops too. So I got a G372 also and bought a big bore kit for the high top , swapped top ends around and have the 50mm on the low top. The 52mm p/c kit was 18$.
As far as consistent? The farmertech seem to be just fine , my carburetor had a stripped out screw in it ,so I got a used 2165 carburetor for 20$ and its run for over 2 years.

The proyama 68cc saw is really a 54.5cc saw. It's a zenoah clone, they do take husky mount bars and rim sprockets tho.
It's not a bad saw, it runs a lot like a 55 rancher but is a pound or two lighter. I Have the supmix and joncutter versions of it.
My brother bought a 5800 proyama, it's a 45cc saw but has nicer plastics than other zenoah clones. I'd only buy the 6800 proyama so you get the 54cc one.

I posted earlier about my problem with the Farmmac G372W chainsaw. I contacted Neotec/Farmmac and was told to ship the saw back to them in California with a prepaid label they sent me. I did and tracked the shipment and it arrived at their warehouse five days later. A week went by and I did not hear from them so I called. I was told I did not return the saw and it took another week for them to get it right that I did return it. Then they wanted my phone number and address again and three days later I received a tracking number. I was told it would be a few days for it to get into the system so I waited. When I attempted to track it at UPS it was always the same message, no information available so I contacted UPS and was informed this was a counterfeit tracking number. Now Neotec/Farmmac is not responding to my emails. So this has been a very bad experience. Now Holzfforma has been the opposite, I have had good experience with their saws and the company. I have OEM Stihl and Husky saws and also Holzfforma saws. Right now at the web site for Holzfforma/Farmertec you can buy the blue G372XP for 89.00 plus shipping. With the slow shipping it adds up to less than 160.00. I ordered one as I like to modify a saw and if I mess it up I do not have a lot of money tied up. I am going with a big bore kit with pop up piston and a modified muffler. And I will clean up the ports myself. I did this to a 272 I bought from them and it pulls a 24 inch bar buried in Oak without a problem. I also have their orange G372XP, orange G395XP, fake carbon G372XP, and their orange and dark gray G660. They are all stock and run well. All my saws get run as there are three of us cutting and if a chain goes dull we just switch to a different saw to save time. We are cutting 90% Oak with the other 10% a mix of Elm, Maple, and Cherry. My OEM saws get run time too and they are a Stihl 044, Stihl 036 pro, Husky 61, Husky 395XP, and a Husky 55 but the 55 is more of a homeowners saw so irt does not see a lot of use. I have not had the carb problems some people have but I did have a few minor problems on the Holzfforma saws. A couple had rough chain adjusters so I just replaced with OEM and that problem solved. The 272 had the groove in the bar plate too narrow so I opened it up with a dremel tool and now get my desired outcome of one tank of oil to one tank of gas. And the G372 had the rope pull out of the starter. I took it apart and bent the recoil spring and reattached the rope and it has been working since. I did contact Holzfforma about that and two months later a new recoil starter arrived. I just throw it in the truck in case of a failure. The Chinese saws are getting more use as I just want to see how well they hold up. For what I paid of a cylinder and piston wear out I will just replace it with a Meteor kit. I should add these Chinese saws have been used for 18 months now so this is not just a 2 month test. I mix my own ethanol free gas with a good synthetic oil at 38 to 1. With the amount of fuel we run canned fuel would be too expensive and I believe my mix is better. Thankfull ethanol free is available at the pump in my area. But if you cannot find ethanol free in you area just go to a marina as boats need ethanol free fuel because ethanol fuel that attracts moisture is the last thing needed in a boat. And if you say you do not like to buy from China just look at the labels next time you go shopping for just about everything you buy. I repair my own vehicles and now no matter the brand name 90% of replacement parts are made in China. And on some it will claim assembled in USA but the contents are made in China. This has been my experience but if I have a problem I can repair my own equipment.

I posted earlier about my problem with the Farmmac G372W chainsaw. I contacted Neotec/Farmmac and was told to ship the saw back to them in California with a prepaid label they sent me. I did and tracked the shipment and it arrived at their warehouse five days later. A week went by and I did not hear from them so I called. I was told I did not return the saw and it took another week for them to get it right that I did return it. Then they wanted my phone number and address again and three days later I received a tracking number. I was told it would be a few days for it to get into the system so I waited. When I attempted to track it at UPS it was always the same message, no information available so I contacted UPS and was informed this was a counterfeit tracking number. Now Neotec/Farmmac is not responding to my emails. So this has been a very bad experience. Now Holzfforma has been the opposite, I have had good experience with their saws and the company. I have OEM Stihl and Husky saws and also Holzfforma saws. Right now at the web site for Holzfforma/Farmertec you can buy the blue G372XP for 89.00 plus shipping. With the slow shipping it adds up to less than 160.00. I ordered one as I like to modify a saw and if I mess it up I do not have a lot of money tied up. I am going with a big bore kit with pop up piston and a modified muffler. And I will clean up the ports myself. I did this to a 272 I bought from them and it pulls a 24 inch bar buried in Oak without a problem. I also have their orange G372XP, orange G395XP, fake carbon G372XP, and their orange and dark gray G660. They are all stock and run well. All my saws get run as there are three of us cutting and if a chain goes dull we just switch to a different saw to save time. We are cutting 90% Oak with the other 10% a mix of Elm, Maple, and Cherry. My OEM saws get run time too and they are a Stihl 044, Stihl 036 pro, Husky 61, Husky 395XP, and a Husky 55 but the 55 is more of a homeowners saw so irt does not see a lot of use. I have not had the carb problems some people have but I did have a few minor problems on the Holzfforma saws. A couple had rough chain adjusters so I just replaced with OEM and that problem solved. The 272 had the groove in the bar plate too narrow so I opened it up with a dremel tool and now get my desired outcome of one tank of oil to one tank of gas. And the G372 had the rope pull out of the starter. I took it apart and bent the recoil spring and reattached the rope and it has been working since. I did contact Holzfforma about that and two months later a new recoil starter arrived. I just throw it in the truck in case of a failure. The Chinese saws are getting more use as I just want to see how well they hold up. For what I paid of a cylinder and piston wear out I will just replace it with a Meteor kit. I should add these Chinese saws have been used for 18 months now so this is not just a 2 month test. I mix my own ethanol free gas with a good synthetic oil at 38 to 1. With the amount of fuel we run canned fuel would be too expensive and I believe my mix is better. Thankfull ethanol free is available at the pump in my area. But if you cannot find ethanol free in you area just go to a marina as boats need ethanol free fuel because ethanol fuel that attracts moisture is the last thing needed in a boat. And if you say you do not like to buy from China just look at the labels next time you go shopping for just about everything you buy. I repair my own vehicles and now no matter the brand name 90% of replacement parts are made in China. And on some it will claim assembled in USA but the contents are made in China. This has been my experience but if I have a problem I can repair my own equipment.

I hope they make the saw right for you. I am curious about the differences in the 272 and 372. Which do you like better? What are the differences besides the top cover?

To me the pro one was worth the extra. Walbro carb for one. Meteor piston kit with caber. The cylinder used is much higher quality to me too.

Had a few blue ones before the pro one came out. All my blue had huge squish and lower psi.

I've been told the blue 372 has got better since I had mine. Better cylinder now but still iffy carbs. I didnt have any carb issues on my blue ones.

The pro one was right on the shirt tail of my OE 372 that was new too.

Plus the squish and psi checked out darn near the same as oem on it.

The 372xp pro cuts close to the G444 as you can get. But the G372xp pro is so much smoother in the cuts due to coil spring av compared to the stihl rubber av used.

If running saws for many hours 372. 372 better air filter stock too. Unless you run a Egan Performance filter set up on G444 or a maxflow.
Just here and there. Choose either.

g444g372pr.jpgh372oettt.jpgh372oetttt.jpgh372oett.jpgh372oet.jpgg372ftt.jpgg372weight.jpgg466g444.jpgg888444466.jpg

The 372 by far. I bought the 272 because at the time it was on sale for a very low price and that was the first time I modded a saw. The 372 stock has more power, easier to adjust oil pump, bigger air cleaner, to name a few. To adjust the oil pump on a 272 you need to take the clutch off. On the 372 turn it over and the adjusting screw is right there. But I must say that 272 I modded screams. The blue 272 came with a Walbro carburetor. The other ones are orange except for the pro model and the 660 which is orange and dark gray. One other thing to check on these is the fuel line. One of mine came with the fuel line disconnected and when I tried to put it on it just split and broke. That was on the orange 372XP but it can be replaced without removing the fuel tank. I never try to start these until I look everything over and grease the clutch bearing. There are some dealers in the states selling them and if you have a problem if you bought it from them they will send you the part that is need when it is new. I have always bought mine when on sale on the Farmertec web site because with the slow shipping I always save at least 100.00. My experience with slow shipping is 6 to 8 weeks to receive the product. I am in no hurry because I have saws to run.

I had a different experience with Neotec. I bought their orange 660 copy through Amazon. Perhaps buying through Amazon had something to do with it, idk.

The saw in the amazon offer was the non foam filter model. That's what I wanted. When the machine arrived, It had a foam filter with the cover, etc.

I ordered the saw with a 36" solid bar and the ordered an additional 24" solid bar. The bars showed up. The 36" was correct, the 24" was a laminated bar.

The fuel cap leaked. It's a washer problem, not a cap problem.

Anyway, I contacted neotec regarding the 24" bar, foam filter, and gas cap.

They/he (via customer service email) put up a minor amount of resistance about the filter and the bar and then conceded that they made a mistake. They sent me a new pleated filter/cover/cage setup, an additional chain for the 24" bar (the solution I offered), and a set of fuel caps (which were for a different model, so the big cap fit the oil hole and the little cap fits nothing I have). Anyway, I was satisfied.

I am happy for you but my experience is horrible. And when I contacted UPS and was told the tracking number was counterfeit that did it for me. Mine was purchased through Amazon and Amazon is trying to help me. Amazon has reached out to me and said if I do not receive a new saw Amazon will refund my purchase price even though it was stated no refunds. So at least I will not lose the money but that hardly makes up for the frustration I have been dealing with.

Latest posts

Back