Best purchase this year.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stephenbullman said:
my carbon fibre spikes and addidas clima-cool t-shirts for climbing

Good purchase, on my wish list. I have the Buckingham leather type w/steel climbers.....the leather stretches and they make my feet cramp up.

Sizzle-Chest said:
so you guys like the pantin? i wanted to get one, but when I looked into it, i found some bad reviews about it. but I still need something to help my feet climbing, so do you recommend?

oh, and my best purchase this year is my homemade crotch saver, climbings a smooth ride now!

Sizzle, I think once you get a feel for it you'll love it. I highly recommend it.

DDM said:
I think besides heavy equipment the Sherrill Retreever Was the best small tool i purchased.

It looks like a great tool, right now I use my pole pruner, many disadvantages.

I really like my Gibbs ascender for use with my work positioning lanyard.

I purchased a pair of SIP Protection climbing pants, jury is still out on these. I usually use regular chaps on the ground, but when I'm using them (SIP) on the ground my back support belt tends to slide up on the material.

I also like the pulley rope slack tender, except for self belay it doesn't seem to tend much. LOL. It works better with my Pantin.

I purchased the new Vertex vented helmet by petzl, with the face shield and muffs, I found it to get in my way while climbing, so I went back to the good 'ol Ecrin roc.

Whoops, it's not the blaze I use, it's the spark. half inch 16 strand. I always get the names confused.

I also like my Kong grenade gate (mod d). I used others with smaller gate opening only to find it interferred with the rope/gate open closure. Duh. Live and learn.

hey, thanks to words about the Pantin (and some money i happened on today most fortunately) im going to order me one tomorrow. Am very exited, let you know what i thnk.

if sizzle repeats his adventure im sure we will all have a very interesting read ahead of us.

stephen as for clothing, i have a few t shirts from Look fly who make ultimate frisbee clothes, click the tab saying proceed to online quoter at the top left, you can even choose a style and colour just for you, they used to do some cheaper ones, i can say that they are tough, light and dry quickly

jamie

My best purchase besides a bigger chipper was my echo-ppt260 power prunner. That pole saw is awsome.Its amazing how much work can be done from the ground to a tree. Its worth its weight in gold.

Echo power prunners ROCK

though i have never bought anything, the best tools i have used are different colored biners. each color has a specific use... also helps to know if i am missing some

chicken89 said:
though i have never bought anything, the best tools i have used are different colored biners. each color has a specific use... also helps to know if i am missing some

i've been thinking about that lately. i'm afraid that i will eventually disconnect the wrong biner and have a problem. of course, i always have a backup when i disconnect, but, well, you know. . .

The best purchases that I have made this year are a silky zubat pole pruner and a few extra throw lines after launching my throw bag, line and stuff sack into a tree while trying out my new big shot.

Sizzle as far a colored CB's, I've painted mine with some rustoleum spray paint and it holds up well.

Tree Frog said:
The best purchases that I have made this year are a silky zubat pole pruner and a few extra throw lines after launching my throw bag, line and stuff sack into a tree while trying out my new big shot.

Sizzle as far a colored CB's, I've painted mine with some rustoleum spray paint and it holds up well.

thats a good idea, i will give it a try

I forgot to mention that I mask out the gate area to keep from interfearing with function.

ok i need to update my best purchase this year.....just bought a jensen woodchipper

Latest posts

Back