Best rope for Ddrt?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna blame this one on you Ben... Just ordered a Yale Luna (same as Bluemoon, but different color) from TreeStuff.

(Don't take it too hard...like I said earlier, I was thinking of replacing my "shorter/everyday" rope anyhow. On its way down the friction saver made some kind of funky wrap around a small branch, and it wasn't going anywhere. I reached up with the 20' pole saw and just couldn't get it flipped around so I cut a couple of feet off of the rope and all came out well. The rest of the rope is fine, so I didn't really NEED to replace it, but since I was thinking about it anyhow, this was as good of an excuse as any...but I'll still place the blame on you ;) )

I’m gonna try to resurrect this thread because the op and I have similar climb systems.
I use arbormaster to climb natural crotch moving rope with a hitch climber and 10mm prusik cord. No complaints with the arbormaster and I’m happy with my setup. However, I want to start climbing on a SRS at some point so I’m hoping to get a second climbing line soon that I can continue to use for MRS but will be able to use to learn to climb SRS. Will blue moon work for me? And when I use it for MRS, do I have to use a friction saver or will it be able to handle some natural crotches? Thanks!

I think Blue moon will work just fine. I use it for both. It will do fine without friction saver...but will the tree? Make sure you are not burning through the bark. On occasion I'll go without friction saver when there is thick enough bark and I am not doing a lot of up and down - and not rappelling down rapidly.

Latest posts

Back