Best thing since sliced bread?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guran

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Maybe I've missed out on this one, but I just stumbled over the Petzl ZigZag on Wesspur:
ASC181-3-500.gif

Will be introduced in 2013. Whadya think? Could it replace VT/Distel/Knut etc. with a Hitch climber and a RW?
Looks good to me. :msp_smile:

https://wesspur.com/items/asc181.html

damn, I am gonna have to try one of those, looks like a pretty sweet setup.

Looks like you can't attache midline though.... that's a downside

Maybe I've missed out on this one, but I just stumbled over the Petzl ZigZag on Wesspur:
ASC181-3-500.gif

Will be introduced in 2013. Whadya think? Could it replace VT/Distel/Knut etc. with a Hitch climber and a RW?
Looks good to me. :msp_smile:

https://wesspur.com/items/asc181.html

You won't need a Hitch Climber or Pinto or other pulley, it has one built in. Not sure how useful it will be as it is designed for Ddrt and not mid-line attachable. Guess we'll have to wait and see if it jives with a Rope Wrench. Sort of reminds me of the Unicender, wonder what Morgan Thompson thinks.

They Had these at the baltimore show a few weeks ago...my partner and i tried them out, and there definitely the way to go! pretty sure the guy said around 250-300 dollars! cant wait to order mine!

They Had these at the baltimore show a few weeks ago...my partner and i tried them out, and there definitely the way to go! pretty sure the guy said around 250-300 dollars! cant wait to order mine!

I seen them at the show, wish i would have tried one of them.

Not sure how useful it will be as it is designed for Ddrt and not mid-line attachable. Guess we'll have to wait and see if it jives with a Rope Wrench.

Hmmm, only DdRT, eh? I saw the demo video and those guys only had a set up with DdRT but surely it must work with SRT?
Anybody who sits on info abouot that?

RW; as I understand it you wont be needing a RW since the zig zag has a "break" already? Demo link below:

ZIGZAG : Mechanical Prusik for arborists | Petzl

Back