Big load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronaldo

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Finally cooled off enough to start getting wood again. Got this load ready for grandparents OWB. They have a hard time keeping warm enough :msp_wink: once the temps get even a little cooler. This will get them started. Truck is my brother's 2008 diesel - holds a load pretty well. pics attached

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You could have fit some more on there. If that was around here the Highway Patrol would have given you a nice ticket. I really dont care though, we have hauled enough stuff with out strapping it down it aint even funny.

Got that baby packed! What kind of wood is it?

it is mostly oak,but some maple. still cleanin up from our spring gtg. we only had to go less than 1/8mile across a gravel road ,so not a big deal.

A very good load for a pickup. I do all mine firewood with my 96' Toyota Tacoma. A few good size logs and she is starting to squat!! 100 loads later.............................

For those worried about roadworthiness, Ronaldo posted this in another thread: "Just had to cross the gravel road and unload".

I for one am proud to see a man with such a fine looking truck actually putting it to work. If it were mine, I would probably have to wait until somebody backed into it and rubbed the shine off a bit. :msp_smile: Ron

For those worried about roadworthiness, Ronaldo posted this in another thread: "Just had to cross the gravel road and unload".

I for one am proud to see a man with such a fine looking truck actually putting it to work. If it were mine, I would probably have to wait until somebody backed into it and rubbed the shine off a bit. :msp_smile: Ron

True, it is a nice truck and try to keep it that way as much as possible. However it is a farm truck, so it sees farm duties like hauling livestock, building fence, hauling wood, etc, etc. We load it carefully and try not to throw any chunks thru the back window.:laugh::hmm3grin2orange:

Ron

Confirmed once again: Real trucks have 8 foot beds. The rest are for soccer practice.

:laugh:

Just funnin. Nice load!

that's what i was thinking. wha about a 10 or 12 ft bed? what are they for

got a truck gotta use it as a truck

Confirmed once again: Real trucks have 8 foot beds. The rest are for soccer practice.

:laugh:

Just funnin. Nice load!

...soccer practice and plowing snow. I know you guys hate the quad cabs and short beds, but with two ankle biters and snow to plow, what's a guy to do? Two trucks? Been there done that. I plow some tight accounts and the short bed is nice. I also very rarely put wood in the back of the truck anymore because I have to unload it by hand...the dump trailer has made me lazy.

Different strokes... Luckily they still make both so we can choose what works best for our individual needs. If I didn't have kids and didn't plow snow the decision would be easy. Long box diesel with a manual transmission, but currently will have to settle for a truck that isn't a "real" truck.

...soccer practice and plowing snow. I know you guys hate the quad cabs and short beds, but with two ankle biters and snow to plow, what's a guy to do? Two trucks? Been there done that. I plow some tight accounts and the short bed is nice. I also very rarely put wood in the back of the truck anymore because I have to unload it by hand...the dump trailer has made me lazy.

Different strokes... Luckily they still make both so we can choose what works best for our individual needs. If I didn't have kids and didn't plow snow the decision would be easy. Long box diesel with a manual transmission, but currently will have to settle for a truck that isn't a "real" truck.

I hear ya'. Having a truck in the driveway is almost always a compromise, especially if it's a daily driver. Right now, I don't own a pickup, so I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 5.5 footer. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back