Big Oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My BIG secret is out!

Here it is, 6 speed electric gearbox too!
Shifter is not essential as the steering wheel has gear change paddles.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Electronic dash to follow :msp_flapper:

well, we all knew it was coming.i guess less than a year it will be remotely operated ,letting the cutting sit at home while the saw is out in the bush working hard.

Thanks for all the great Ideas. The hollow goes about 2/3 the way up. The shotgun is at the butt end. I have toyed with the Idea of splitting with a maul and wedges. I have a bunch of them so I may just try that. Right now I think the plan is to make a cut with the saw to get things started. I may be able to follow one of the narrow sections in the hollow. Then use the wedges to see what happens. If she splits easy that may be the way I do it. I also thought about putting the high lift jack in the hollow to keep some pressure on it through out the cutting/wedging. I will try to get pictures and detail how it works. Should be a fun couple of days. But it will have to wait until it warms up a little so the mud is gone. Not sure if it is a burr oak or Red oak, I am thinking it is a red
Giver and don't look back!

Back