big pine slabs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Dr.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a ballpark value for Ponderosa pine slabs.
Tree was 175 yr old beetle kill in Colorado. Dimensions apx 10'4'' long,2''thick,
32'' wide
Thanks

Tree was 175 yr old beetle kill in Colorado. Dimensions apx 10'4'' long,2''thick,
32'' wide
Thanks

Unless some body lives near you and wants them, you're probably not going to get any figures that you can use other than for your immediate area. Location and supply and demand decide whether those slabs are worth $5 or $500. Except for furniture grade lumber of standard species like cherry and oak (and even that varies by region) there are few "ballpark" figures that mean anything other than for lumber in the immediate area and economy that lumber comes from or can be shipped to relatively cheaply. Lately the words "shipping" and "cheap" are getting farther and farther apart. That fact seems to be throwing even more wrenches in lumber prices. Getting lumber right from the mill yourself was always cheaper, but now it's even more so. The mill is still making a profit and they don't have to buy any diesel to get it to you.

32'' wide
Thanks

sold a few dozen of them recently. pine here is everywhere, so its cheap. This stuff was just practice wood on new chain setups I was trying.

measured L 2.8m x W 600mm x H 60mm. Got NZ$60 per slab. If it was Swamp Kauri it would have been at least $1000 per slab...:clap: :clap:

In your area, rustic furniture has some value to it. That said 32” pine is not all that uncommon in your area as well, if you processes it into some sort of rustic furniture then it will have more value. On the other hand, you could get ahold of a couple rustic furniture makers and see what they offer you for it.

Back