Big Score today, Homelite 750 w/42" bar!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Flew into Seattle at noon, drove 312 miles to Post Falls Idaho for it. Its in great shape, paint is really good, replaceable sprocket tip Homelite bar you can still read. Looks like 3/8 chain, starter cover has couple broken plastic pieces but that's it. Seller said he got it from a friend for free several years ago and has never ran it, so I did! Fresh mix and 6 or 7 pulls later the beast was alive! Shut it down after it idled a minute or so. I know, pictures when I get back to Seattle, 162 miles to go!

Randy

Flew into Seattle at noon, drove 312 miles to Post Falls Idaho for it. Its in great shape, paint is really good, replaceable sprocket tip Homelite bar you can still read. Looks like 3/8 chain, starter cover has couple broken plastic pieces but that's it. Seller said he got it from a friend for free several years ago and has never ran it, so I did! Fresh mix and 6 or 7 pulls later the beast was alive! Shut it down after it idled a minute or so. I know, pictures when I get back to Seattle, 162 miles to go!

Randy

Sweet! Those 750s are beasts..........and since they use XL-Series Homelite/Big Poulan/Big Echo/etc type bars (which are still in production), you don't have to sell your dog, your truck, and your left to get a big bar for one. Of course, you already have a big bar with it!:cheers:

Last edited:

Randy

I've got a good friend in Post Falls and used to live in CDA. Coulda had him pick it up and save you a trip.

You flew across the country then drove 312
miles for a Homelite 750, This saw must be
made of gold.

There a nice saw, Good luck with it.

Lee

That's alot of miles for a saw. Hopefully you where out there for other reasons. If not, well, you got CAD bad. We need some pics of this thing.

Come on down, I'm setting up a church group for firewood near Ferndale. The project is a Cypress log, big as a beached whale. You can give my Super a run for it's money.

Sorry it took so long, didn't get back to the hotel until 1:00am and was tired. But as promised here it is, its in pretty good shape, in the 1st picture you can see the broken plastic on the recoil cover and the 750 badge is turned 120 degrees. I'm in Seattle on business, had a few hours to kill and it's a really nice drive and pretty country, so why not drive over for a saw, especially a big saw!:cheers:

IMG00248-20101021-0702.jpg

IMG00250-20101021-0746.jpg

IMG00252-20101021-0747.jpg

IMG00254-20101021-0749.jpg

IMG00255-20101021-0750.jpg

IMG00251-20101021-0747.jpg

Build Location

Where was this saw built? Homelite/Textron had a factory in Charlotte, NC at one time.

Nice 750 Randy! Doesn't look like it saw much use at all. Muffler's in great shape, and the front of the saw's got no log-rash. Bottom looks good, and the full-wrap bar still seems to be wearing all the rubber. Just collected the usual gunk and grime that comes with time (hey that rhymes).:cheers:

Come on down, I'm setting up a church group for firewood near Ferndale. The project is a Cypress log, big as a beached whale. You can give my Super a run for it's money.

That sounds like fun. A little far for me right now though. If he brings that 750 down, I wanna see video. Heck, I wanna see video of you chewing away at that 'beached whale' cyprus regardless of whether or not Randy comes to the party! You gonna run your 900G too?

As for a McCulloch Super 250 vs. Homelite 750 in 'big wood' contest...............well I wouldn't put money against the 750 in that race. A Super 250 is an impressive saw for sure..............but he's got about 1.5ci on you, and those 750's rev pretty damn well for such a big old saw...:givebeer:

750 is the best looking saw ever assembled IMO.:rockn:

NICE GRAB RANDY!!!!
Looks really clean!
Hope to see pics of her when you clean her down!

Back