Biggest log splitter pump??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy moly! you blew my idea out of the water!!

i was gonna use a pair of 9"....but they're not desniged to push :( they have 3" rams......but with some lath work and if i could find some heavy wall pipe, and with some seal kit hunting, i thought about lathing out a set of 8" rams with a set of brass collars......hehehe.......

If I can come up with two 10" cylinders with 120" stoke, Im gonna start splitting my wood 120" at a time, then cut it up... come to think of it, with a little better than a 1/2 million pounds of force available, I will just extrude out the size of firewood I want...

If I can come up with two 10" cylinders with 120" stoke, Im gonna start splitting my wood 120" at a time, then cut it up... come to think of it, with a little better than a 1/2 million pounds of force available, I will just extrude out the size of firewood I want...

cut it up? just pinch to size!

I know that the folks at Chomper said they have a 36/10 gpm pump they use on some of their processors. I will eventually get one to upgrade mine. But on a log splitter I think it would be a waste of time & money. Over kill is a good thing as long as the cost dosen't outweigh the benefits.

Andy

Latest posts

Back