biodiesel???????????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have looked into this a little, and it seems like a pretty good deal untill you start to figure your time into it. If you figure 8 hours to produce 100 gal. of biodiesel, and with the investment you have in equipment you would normaly charge 75.00 per hour. That would make biodiesel cost about $6.70 per gal.
Unless your time isn't worth anything (which sometimes mine isn't).

Andy

redprospector said:
I have looked into this a little, and it seems like a pretty good deal untill you start to figure your time into it. If you figure 8 hours to produce 100 gal. of biodiesel, and with the investment you have in equipment you would normaly charge 75.00 per hour. That would make biodiesel cost about $6.70 per gal.
Unless your time isn't worth anything (which sometimes mine isn't).

Andy

Does that 8 hours include all of the running around to collect the "bio" for the diesel? I would think that might significantly add to the time as well.

Biodiesel seems like a good idea in theory until you actually take into account things like opportunity cost (what else could you be doing with your time and the space that the production and storage apparatus occupy) and economy of scale(larger volume almost always beats out the mom and pop operation in per unit production costs).

Latest posts

Back