Biomass fuel tax rebate incentive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericjeeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Put into place after 01-01-09. There is now a Federal tax rebate for 30% up to 1500.00$
Go to www.energystar.gov
to read up on all the new stimulus programs.
New windows up to 1500.00 back. The nice part about the window incentive is.. The u fact has to be .30 or lower.. This means it has to be a better window than just energy star compliant.. triple pane in most cases.

I was only asking because it provides up to 1,500. To get the full amount, the furnace would need to cost at least $5K. Less than $5K, you get 30% of price. I did not know how much your furnaces run, so I was just asking.

How efficient is the Big Jack or Super Jack? Would these units qualify or not?

Put into place after 01-01-09. There is now a Federal tax rebate for 30% up to 1500.00$
Go to www.energystar.gov
to read up on all the new stimulus programs.
New windows up to 1500.00 back. The nice part about the window incentive is.. The u fact has to be .30 or lower.. This means it has to be a better window than just energy star compliant.. triple pane in most cases.

the way i understood it is that you only get back 30% of the cost without labor. better than nothing, but i was expecting more

We are in the process of getting the Jacks UL listed...they are not as of yet.
UL will only list them if they are at least 75% efficient.
They are listed by Warnock Hersey now.

I think the credit is great, but in my mind I'd still buy one even if that 1 time credit is not there.
My Jack paid for itself in the 1st year.
It paid for my flue the second year and now it makes my mortage payments.

I can not imagine having a mortage and a 4000$ propane bill every year.
I'd have to get married to a rich woman or something,which may not be
all bad if she came with a boat,motor and trailer.:dizzy::jawdrop:

Last edited:
Tax Credit FAQ

http://www.hpba.org/index.php?id=34

Highlights.

Q: How does the language in this legislation differ from what was passed in October 2008?
A: The new legislation 1) increases the tax credit from $300 to 30% of the total cost of a biomass-burning stove, 2) extends the credit to purchases in 2010, and 3) measures the stove’s efficiency based on the lower heating value.

Back