Bit of overkill for a splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I bought a little machine that I was planning to rob some parts off for a future build. I'm planning to build a vertical splitter some day so collecting steel, cylinders, pump etc whatever I think I might need or use. I haven't got it home yet but it appears to be in too good a shape to cut it apart. I'm not even sure what it was used for but it was custom built by a company in BC that makes items for printing and the logging industry usually. I might email them and see if they have any info on it. I'm thinking it has a fast cycle time but low tonnage judging by the size of the rod on the cylinder. I'm getting a collection of some huge equipment and my wife is not happy about skids of stuff lying around. Her birthday is next week but she doesn't seem happy with this even though her favorite colour is orange. Any educated guesses as to what this thing could weigh? I have a few trailers but payload is 7000 lbs max. I don't think it's that heavy but that steel sure looks big.

Attachments

• 20210329_223315.jpg
    20210329_223315.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 91
  • 20210329_223330.jpg
    20210329_223330.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 82
Years ago I helped a buddy move a press that was bigger than that one out of a print shop that also put books together there were a lot of different presses in that shop that looked a lot like that one. The one he bought he got turned into a shop press. The print shop went out of business and every thing was sold. He made him self a very nice heavy duty shop press. I would think you could haul that one on a 7,000 pound flat bed. The one he bought I hauled my skid steer there and we took it apart and hauled it on two 14,000 pound trailers.

rancher2, I had thought maybe a print shop press too but man that plate is thick looking. I'm planning to get it end of next week, I have an offer for it already and I'm considering selling it and he will pick it up at the auction house. Take a small profit and walk away maybe?

Latest posts

Back