Blade Grinders at work.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatheadford

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Here is a Youtube video I found, It's a tv show intro from the 90's. Shows some circular and band saws being ground on automated grinders, built before cnc. They don't seem to concerned about the metal removal rate of the teeth by the spark. Maybe done for the benefit of the camera.
The one log load shown after the grinding ain't bad either. The one log load reminded me of when I was young and worked in the woods setting chokers for a small family owned gypo outfit in Northern Ca. That was some good honest hard work. We mostly logged bug trees. We had a few one log loads and three log loads were fairly common.
One of the one log loads that I remember was an old pine snag, forget the species now. It had a cats paw base that was 12 ft. in diameter. The bucker cut it in two 16 footers, so we could get it to the landing, with the cat skinner skidding and the dozer behind pushing. I think I used two sets of three chokers to get around it for an even pull.
The other one log loads was a fir that had a nine ft. base. We had a lot of pecker poles too.
I posted this in the firewood section but somehow screwed it up trying to edit. This is probably the right forum anyway.

Thanks to all you loggers out there that keep us supplied with every thing this country needs and uses from wood products.

Twin Peaks Intro HD - YouTube

Latest posts

Back