Blocked road passage...Not for long.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageayape

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My property is at the end of a dead-end three mile long one lane gravel road which also requires driving through three creeks. It's in the middle of a forest and I often find I have to cut my way through a downed tree across the road to get there. Of course, I always have a chainsaw in my truck so I can get through. This is the latest tree I had to take care of. I was only gone for a couple hours and when I came back, I found it was time to use the Husky 338xpt again. I know, you think I should carry a bigger saw in my truck, but I like using the 338 as my "downed-tree-in-the-road" saw, because it is small and easier to keep in the truck at all times.

I also included a couple photographs of a bald eagle on my property from last week. It's the first time I've seen one at my place. The photographs are fuzzy because my camera lens had fog on it. I wish I was aware of that before taking the pictures, but maybe I'll get another opportunity in the future.

Thank you, I wish I lived out there, but I have to live closer to work. I make it out to my property almost every weekend though. The wildlife just loves my land. I see a lot of nature every time I visit. The trees falling and blocking the road on occasion hasn't been a burden on me yet. I actually enjoy being forced to deal with it on the spur of the moment like that. Now, when I'm in a hurry, I hope I never have a tree blocking my way, but it will probably happen someday.

Back