Blower recommendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr8scott72

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know this is the chainsaw forum but I figure this is close enuf. I'm looking to buy a backpack blower in the next few days and would like some pointers. I don't need it for much of anything except to clean off driveways after I grind stumps but I figure that if I'm going to get one, get one that will last for a long time.

What should I look for, what to stay away from, about how much I should expect to spend, etc.

Thanks for any info.

for light blowing of small areas, you will prefer a handheld. Faster, less prone to damage when loaded into a truck carelessly. Quieter, cheaper.

Not as powerful, but who needs big power for a driveway?

I have tried quite a few, the little Stihl blowers are very good. Buy the one that is one step up the power ladder: BG65 ?

I was picking up wood one day from an AS member, and one of his hands wandered over and blew out the cab of one of the trucks with a BR600. We were standing right next to the truck, and I could NOT believe how quiet that blower was!

I think it was quieter than my hand-held Stihl. :jawdrop:

Blowers

When considering blowers you really should look at Shindaiwa and Redmax. They make some outstanding units.

Also have a BG 85 It's a little powerhouse too. If your gonna do a lot of blowing get a backpack model. You can run them all day without killing yourself. A hand held is good for small jobs. It will wear you out after a tank of gas. Maybe i'm just getting old and can't handle them anymore.LOL

BR600 if you are wanting to go with a backpack and BR85 if you want the handheld.
Nuff said.

or the rock'in KM blower attachment of you have a KM brush cutter!
How hard do those things blow, They don't look like they would be strong, When i bought my BR 420 they did not have the 600 out yet. A friend of mine has the 600 and if i was to buy another it would be the 600. It's quiet and is more powerful than mine.

How hard do those things blow, They don't look like they would be strong, When i bought my BR 420 they did not have the 600 out yet. A friend of mine has the 600 and if i was to buy another it would be the 600. It's quiet and is more powerful than mine.

Hard enough to blow dried up sh:censored: it off of a shingle :jawdrop:

On a KM130, it blows almost as good as your Br420.... on a KM55, it's like a BG55/65

It would be a hell of a device for spreading grass seeds... just feed it in th back as you blow.

Back