Blue Tipped Leaf Jarrah

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking wood!I guess it's not toxic wood right,as you aren't wearing a resperator in the picture.Some woods are very toxic.That's why i was wandering. Mark

Beautiful color in that log Bob... I'm curious how much does that deep red/pink fade in sunlight? I have the perfect project for that stuff... a letter holder I make. Too late now, but tomorrow I'll snap a few pics and show you what I mean. This thing takes heavy wood because of how it works. That stuff would just be perfect for it given it's color.

Beautiful color in that log Bob... I'm curious how much does that deep red/pink fade in sunlight? I have the perfect project for that stuff... a letter holder I make. Too late now, but tomorrow I'll snap a few pics and show you what I mean. This thing takes heavy wood because of how it works. That stuff would just be perfect for it given it's color.

Yes it's a very nice colour but is does fade very quickly. Depending on how long it is left in the sun and how it is treated/finished quite a bit can be recovered within a finished product.

BTW Jarrah is not that dense when dry, 51 lb/cuft, what you need is some Raspberry Jam wood, lb/cuft.

Latest posts

Back