bmans timberframe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work indeed. Always happy to see folks building with trees, rather than burning them in the fireplace...or worse cutting cookies...:dizzy:

Bman thats unimaginable amounts of talent you got there. I hope to have my band mill done by spring. I did some site work for a man that came into some money and was pretty skillful. He bought a spot of land that had a tone of limestone boulders on it. He hire a friend of mine and me to run a backhoe and trackloader and clear the site except for the big boulders. We built the road in and cleared the site and got a well drilled. He left work for a few weeks with his boom truck and went up to Pennsylvania and bought and disassembeled a large timberframe dairy barn that had one end collapsed.

He numbered it and brought it all te way back to North Alabama and put it up over the boulders and the well. One boulder was huge he made it into the back wall some how and had cut 2 cavities into it. One was for a bed and the other was for a sink. He used a Hilti hammer and grinder to do these. He re did the loft inthe barn ven had the straight up ladder to access it. It was amazing how he did it. THe end that was damaged he made patterns and extended it a few sections.

I havent been out there in 10 years since I changed jobs but need to. It was a neat project just moving it all.

This thread is from slightly before my time here at AS; glad to see it. It's interesting (and rather unfortunate) to note that very few of the original posters from three years back are active here anymore... :( Oh well, such is life I guess.

Latest posts

Back