Bob gets desperate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well it's almost 4 weeks since I touched a CS and things are getting grim. Yesterday we were visiting the historical U-bar ranch just off the Cowboy trail in Alberta and I stumbled across this old docking rig - well I just had to pretend for a second or two. SWMBO even says I was making a sawing Zinging sound although I will deny it.
attachment.php

Hope you are enjoying Canada, Bob.

Did you ever make it to Glacier Park ?

I thought about you today when I was trying to file a chain in the field, something I am not very good at. "If Bob were here, he could do it." :laugh:

Hope you are enjoying Canada, Bob.

Did you ever make it to Glacier Park ?

We got to Waterton Lakes National Park last weekend. From where we hiked up to Bertha Lake where we could see far enough up Waterton Lakes to look into Glacier N Park. The far end of the lake in this picture is Montana.
attachment.php

Another view of Waterton Lake.
attachment.php

A couple of panoramas of Bertha Lake.
attachment.php

attachment.php

The weekend we went to Drumheller to see dinosaurs and fossils - pretty impressive I have to say.

I thought about you today when I was trying to file a chain in the field, something I am not very good at. "If Bob were here, he could do it." :laugh:
It sounds daft but there would be few things I would like better right now than a beer, a chain that needs sharpening and a fresh file.

We got to Waterton Lakes National Park last weekend. From where we hiked up to Bertha Lake where we could see far enough up Waterton Lakes to look into Glacier N Park. The far end of the lake in this picture is Montana.
attachment.php

Another view of Waterton Lake.
attachment.php

A couple of panoramas of Bertha Lake.
attachment.php

attachment.php

The weekend we went to Drumheller to see dinosaurs and fossils - pretty impressive I have to say.

It sounds daft but there would be few things I would like better right now than a beer, a chain that needs sharpening and a fresh file.

Those are the key words. A brand new file is almost a joy to use. A worn one tends to cause cursing and bloody knuckles in my case!

What are you shooting the wide-angle and pano shots with? I have a Canon 10-22mm and I love it, but I've never tried panos with it.

Those are the key words. A brand new file is almost a joy to use. A worn one tends to cause cursing and bloody knuckles in my case!

What are you shooting the wide-angle and pano shots with? I have a Canon 10-22mm and I love it, but I've never tried panos with it.

The Camera is a 50D while the lens is the kit lens (EFS 17 - 85 mm) from my old 20D. Because of the small CDD form factor on the 50D, its equivalent to 27 - 105 mm so not that wide. I'd usually rather take more pics than shoot with a really wide angle because of the added distortion but sometimes (just like a CS bar) a little bit wider (ie maybe 24 mm full size) would be useful.

Cheers

The Camera is a 50D while the lens is the kit lens (EFS 17 - 85 mm) from my old 20D. Because of the small CDD form factor on the 50D, its equivalent to 27 - 105 mm so not that wide. I'd usually rather take more pics than shoot with a really wide angle because of the added distortion but sometimes (just like a CS bar) a little bit wider (ie maybe 24 mm full size) would be useful.

Cheers

Nice. I bought my 20D barebones, but my friend had that lens with his 30D a couple years back and I got to fiddle around with it a bit; it's awful nice for a kit lens, especially considering its zoom range. It would probably be my most-used lens if I owned one; as it is I do probably 80% with the 24-70mm and 100mm macro. The 10-22mm doesn't get used all that much, really, but is sure nice to have for some artistic shots, or where you don't have much space to work with. At 10mm, I can fit my entire hand in the frame with it less than 6" from the lens. The downside is that it's EF-S, so I'm stuck with APS-C based cameras, though that won't be an issue for the foreseeable future..

Nice. I bought my 20D barebones, but my friend had that lens with his 30D a couple years back and I got to fiddle around with it a bit; it's awful nice for a kit lens, especially considering its zoom range. It would probably be my most-used lens if I owned one; as it is I do probably 80% with the 24-70mm and 100mm macro. The 10-22mm doesn't get used all that much, really, but is sure nice to have for some artistic shots, or where you don't have much space to work with. At 10mm, I can fit my entire hand in the frame with it less than 6" from the lens. The downside is that it's EF-S, so I'm stuck with APS-C based cameras, though that won't be an issue for the foreseeable future..

24-70 is a very useful range for most stuff.
I've decided I will only buy non-EFS lenses from now on because I do see myself eventually switching to a full size sensor camera, maybe-hopefully with my next upgrade.

Back