Book-9 trim!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Local # 17 T.T.

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Before anybody says anything about a hack job, I was hired by the property owner (landlord) to roll this tree back off of his property. The tree was cracking the foundation in his garage at his rental property and he had talked to the neighbor about removing the entire tree. Well I guess the neighbor wasn't very cooperative and basically told the property owner he wasn't paying for a thing. So he hired me remove everything hanging on to his property, which pretty much rolled the entire tree back on to the uncooperative neighbors property. The neighbor knew nothing about it, so when I started trimming the tree, he had gotten called home by his wife, who was wondering who was hacking their tree. He came home and started yelling at me, called the cops and everything. After the dust cleared, the cops told him that the landlord had every right to remove anything over the fence-line and if this made the tree unsafe or the tree caused damage to his house in the future, he could go after the landlord in court and not me. Needless to say, I didn't make any friends on that job, but if Edison ever needs to string new wires along side of that tree that baby will be clear for years. :D

I've always found it easier to just stay out of such peeing matches. Once in awhile, you can arbitrate, but more often it's just a headache.

Latest posts

Back