Boot poll: Lace-to-toe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots: Lace-to-toe, or not?

• Lace-to-toe

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Not

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
dozers have a fuel gauge don't they? its bad enough to run out on flat ground next to the crummy let alone trudging back and forth through mud with jerry cans...
there are some dull sticks out there. having common sense is not a requirement to join the military. but thank goodness that most are pretty sharp. the 7e and f's that we had did not have gauges , old stuff back then. hopefully they have a little more modern stuff now,.

Last edited:
there are some dull sticks out there. having common sense is not a requirement to join the military. but thank goodness that most are pretty sharp. the 7e and f's that we had did not have gauges , old stuff back then. hopefully they have a little more modern stuff now,.

Be careful what you say about my son.

A good pair of well fitted lace-up-boots will keep a man on his feet longer. An old Boy Scout Motto, 'Be Prepared'.
attachment.php

Be careful what you say about my son.

I don't think that "dull stick" remark was aimed at your son. I've met him and he's one sharp, squared away young man. If paccity met him I'm sure he'd agree.

But, as a veteran, I gotta agree with paccity...there are some dull sticks in the military. Law of averages...

I don't think that "dull stick" remark was aimed at your son. I've met him and he's one sharp, squared away young man. If paccity met him I'm sure he'd agree.

But, as a veteran, I gotta agree with paccity...there are some dull sticks in the military. Law of averages...

Son was doing a job at a Military school in Monterey, Ca. Had another E6 EO working for him. This person could not even do a pre trip on a piece of equipment. I guess this person worked out semi OK as a flagger.

A good pair of well fitted lace-up-boots will keep a man on his feet longer. An old Boy Scout Motto, 'Be Prepared'.

In fact, a current motto.

I have a pair of those HHs. They're comfortable and I like them. But they're relatively soft, and if they were lace-to-toe, the life of their good fit for me would be longer.

How is the tongue leather of yours holding up, with no tongue protector in there, and with HH's lace studs having kind of rough backs to them that rub the tongue? Mine are a bit chewed.

In fact, a current motto.

I have a pair of those HHs. They're comfortable and I like them. But they're relatively soft, and if they were lace-to-toe, the life of their good fit for me would be longer.

How is the tongue leather of yours holding up, with no tongue protector in there, and with HH's lace studs having kind of rough backs to them that rub the tongue? Mine are a bit chewed.

There are no burrs on the lacing studs to cause damage to the tongues of this pair. This is my first pair, and so far I'm very pleased with them.

Latest posts

Back