Boot poll: Lace-to-toe?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots: Lace-to-toe, or not?

• Lace-to-toe

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Not

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
I had a Podiatrist tell me that most people have different size feet but the difference is usually less than a half size and people don't really notice. Mine is a full size difference and even that isn't too bad...extra sox usually take care of it...but one pair of custom made boots and I was spoiled for life.

Your Dad must have paid a mint for his boots.

My feet are the same, one size difference.
If I remember right I think he was paying about $400 around 1979 or 80. The sole & heel on the right boot was built up about 1 1/2". There was a guy at one shoe shop that would take a size 6 out of one box and an 11 1/2 out of another and sell them to him as a pair. Dad asked him how he could do that, what did he do with the other pair? The guy said he just sent them back to the mfg. telling them someone screwed up.

Andy

I've recently started having trouble with what I believe to be plantar fasciitis. Thinking about throwing down the money for a pair of custom boots. Lace-to-toe or no will be at the recommendation of the maker. I like 'em but can go either way.

i like the lacetotoe the others look like clown shoes on my big flippers. was nice last summer to be able to sinch them up to support the broke big toe.

I've recently started having trouble with what I believe to be plantar fasciitis. Thinking about throwing down the money for a pair of custom boots. Lace-to-toe or no will be at the recommendation of the maker. I like 'em but can go either way.

Bummer dude. I have PF too. I have had 3 or 4 cortizone shots, they're no fun either, to control the pain. Ultrasound helped too. I would recommend you deeply massage your feet starting pronto. Custom boots really help. I often wear Marine Corp jungle boots that Cody sent mr from Ft Leonard Wood last summer. Soft soles and a rocker heel. If you can see a podiatrist soon.

Bummer dude. I have PF too. I have had 3 or 4 cortizone shots, they're no fun either, to control the pain. Ultrasound helped too. I would recommend you deeply massage your feet starting pronto. Custom boots really help. I often wear Marine Corp jungle boots that Cody sent mr from Ft Leonard Wood last summer. Soft soles and a rocker heel. If you can see a podiatrist soon.

how's cody like ft lost in the woods.;) . spent my basic and advanced there in 81. ask him if he has run the rollercoaster.

how's cody like ft lost in the woods.;) . spent my basic and advanced there in 81. ask him if he has run the rollercoaster.

He was there for just a few months last summer in his MOS school (heavy equipment operator). The Marines ran everywhere while the Army laid in the shade because it was too hot. True story. I ask him about the run.

Added: nope Cody doesn't know the roller coaster.

BTW my PF is much better these day but my left foot is really flat now.

My whites (smoke jumpers) and viberg/hoffmans (calks) are both lace to toe, I feel like lace to toe gives me a little better balance while stumbling though the woods...

Some day I would like to spend the cash on custom made boots, got one squirshed foot that's now 1/2 flat footed and the other is mostly normal.

The old man has PF. That %#$! is not fun! Watched him hobble around tons. He had some Kuliens made. Seemed to help some. He's a little disappointed with the finish though. They fit great but having problems with the soles. He's also had a couple cortizone shots as well and helped him quite a bit.

2dogs you said you did ultrasound, was that a treatment for the PF?

I was diagnosed with PF years ago. Got the shots and some temporary orthotics from the podiatrist.
Finally, I went to a Birkenstock store and they had some funny looking cork arch supports. I wore those and got better. I still have them and if the feet flare up, off come the orthotics (for bunions now) and in go the cork arch supports.

According to that podiatrist, we forester types were doomed to have heel problems from so much walking on uneven ground. I did some extra curricular jogging at that time too.

The old man has PF. That %#$! is not fun! Watched him hobble around tons. He had some Kuliens made. Seemed to help some. He's a little disappointed with the finish though. They fit great but having problems with the soles. He's also had a couple cortizone shots as well and helped him quite a bit.

2dogs you said you did ultrasound, was that a treatment for the PF?

I've had US for my left knee, trigger finger in my bird finger of my right hand, and yes for my PF. Good stuff.

According to that podiatrist, we forester types were doomed to have heel problems from so much walking on uneven ground.

Pretty sure that's what's going on. Occupational Health gave me orthotics a couple of years ago the last time this acted up, but last week my right foot went crazy (usually it's the left one) and I could barely walk. Bought new shoes and one of those sleep brace things and it's lots better but still sore at the end of the day. If I wasn't working in such a swamp right now I'd switch from pacs to leather but I'll be damned if I'll voluntarily add trenchfoot to my ##### list. Ain't askin' for dry, just less wet.

He was there for just a few months last summer in his MOS school (heavy equipment operator). The Marines ran everywhere while the Army laid in the shade because it was too hot. True story. I ask him about the run.

Added: nope Cody doesn't know the roller coaster.

that was my mos also. all my drills were airborn. ran our a$$es off. so he got to play at the big toy box.

that was my mos also. all my drills were airborn. ran our a$$es off. so he got to play at the big toy box.
Son also went there for Equipment Operator school for the SeaBees. I guess even the Air Force has some kind of equipment operator school there also.
Ok back to boots. I had a pair of Russell hunting boots custom made several years ago. I've found as I've gotten older my feet have seemed to increase in size. Boots don't fit as well as they used to:frown:

If you get to meet Cody at a GTG ask him what the Marines think when you run a dozer out of fuel.

i will.:laugh:. when i was training there, a guy ran one out and they made him pac a 5 gal jerry can out threw the mud till it was full. i'll bet he never ran one out again.

Son also went there for Equipment Operator school for the SeaBees. I guess even the Air Force has some kind of equipment operator school there also.
Ok back to boots. I had a pair of Russell hunting boots custom made several years ago. I've found as I've gotten older my feet have seemed to increase in size. Boots don't fit as well as they used to:frown:

if your in the military thats the place for your training on heavy equp.

The training staff didn't know how to flat tow the dozer or even if it could be towed. They ended up running a fuel tender out to it. He did say that the Sargeant said a bad word or two.

The training staff didn't know how to flat tow the dozer or even if it could be towed. They ended up running a fuel tender out to it. He did say that the Sargeant said a bad word or two.

they must be getting soft now day's, when i was there they knew the status of all the equipment. they would watch some one run one out and make them pay.

Latest posts

Back