Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I think I might jump on a set of the chippewa boots, been lookin at them for a while but just wasn't sure about them.

I gave away the Loggers World boot grease. It smelled to me like smoked meat and made me hungry. My favorite boot grease was Viking boot grease and I think it was made somewhere here in Warshington. But I don't think it is made anymore either.

Couple pages back the question was raised about the Loggers boot oil. It is no longer available. I have about a half of can left. I really think it was the best boot dressing ever made. Sure made a mess of your socks once it worked its way through the leather. What ever it touch turned black. If you used it on your Reddawgs they would be Blackdawgs:msp_ohmy:

take some bee's wax and cut it w/ turpentine. Let it burp over night and mix that w/ the loggers world is(was) really effective. If any one has some they want to get rid of i'd help w/ that. But it sounds like we should get it to paccity for the museum.

Since this thread started as a boot thread I'd figure I'd ask you all if anyone uses chippewa boots. Very good readin through this thread. Had myself a few chuckles.

i have the waterproof 9 inch on now ,they have cloth liners ,couple years old now ,thought i would buy some unlined 10 inch chippewas for summer ,tried em on ,stiff and tight so put the waterproof back on ,i hate new boots :hmm3grin2orange:

i do like the waterproof ones ,can literally hose off the mud on your boots and feet stay dry

I just bought new boots, Husqvarna Classic.
I'll pop in with a review after a couple months of abuse in the woods...Right now they are all greased up and getting prepared for what's to come :rock:
View attachment 306282

Those sure look to be made much better than the old boots husky made. Had some of those, ugh. I have used Matterhorn kevlar the last two pairs and really liked them. Used them down into the twenties below zero and up into the nineties. And they re goretex.

Sure didn't get the life that tramp is getting on his vibergs though. I got max of two years without ever oiling or otherwise caring for them. Not corks either.

It is plain no one hear likes new people including the moderators! :msp_thumbdn:

Wrong. We like new people. We like them a lot. We just don't like serial trouble makers who sign in with phony user names ,who pretend to be something they're not, and who offer bad advice to people.

Go stand outside, the bus will be stopping for you shortly.

You r just a bit north of me. Please note what temp they arecomfortable down to.

Will do, they are just leather so I guess it comes down to how warm socks you have if they are comfortable in freezing temperatures :kilt:

We have had about 30C (86F) the last week, that's way too hot for a northener like me...

Will do, they are just leather so I guess it comes down to how warm socks you have if they are comfortable in freezing temperatures :kilt:

We have had about 30C (86F) the last week, that's way too hot for a northener like me...[/

QUOTE]

I thot they were Kevlar wrapped.

It has been that kind of hot here in Glennallen this week . How far from the coast are you?

We have had about 30C (86F) the last week, that's way too hot for a northener like me...[/

QUOTE]

I thot they were Kevlar wrapped.

It has been that kind of hot here in Glennallen this week . How far from the coast are you?

I'm about 45km from the Baltic Sea, or Gulf of Bothnia to be precise.
This morning it actually rained for the first time this summer, or so it feels like after the heat wave, so I didn't take my new boots :msp_razz:

Latest posts

Back