Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see how they do, my fat arz is hard on boots. i keep mine tight as poss. leather laces help.

Amen on the leather laces. I don't know what they make the new poly laces out of but they'll sure eat through the eyelets fast.

Long leather laces are getting harder and harder to find but they're worth the trouble.

Oh, I drove by the Yardbird today. It now has a white body and then its normal head.

Yes it does! My friends are done with the (re) construction, and are waiting on the original designer to finish an update on the original blueprints to guide their paint job! This iteration should be good for bout 50 years, and is excruciatingly well-documented, unlike the original. "Best Roadside Attraction" is not a title to take lightly. Here's where they're at currently:

1000458_529593230428349_1337327602_n.jpg

If need saw boots you need better training.

Do tell? Is that along the same thought line as if a cop needs a bullet proof vest then he needs better training? Or if a motorcyclist wears a helemt, he needs better training? I myself don't choose to wear chainsaw boots, I wear 12" logging boots because they are comfy and I like them. But I'll sure as hell not laugh or scold anyone for wearing safety gear. Accidents happen fast, and when your talking about using a chainsaw, they happen faster, and can leave some pretty nasty wounds. I'll stop feeding the troll now, since thats the only kind of person I can imagine would make that statement.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

My point being it if your hitting boots with a running chain you need more training. I have no issue with ppe,just that sometimes to much breeds a superman attitude. We have guys at work that use clearing saws that are scary,no amount of PPE is going to save them from their own actions. Never say never as far foot wear,no boot is fully cut proof.

My point being it if your hitting boots with a running chain you need more training.

I agree with this in general, but I have several caveats.

1) Some employers require chainsaw protection on footwear. Users don't get to argue with the boss.
2) Some users like the extra protection. No way would I deny them that safety net.
3) Sometimes #### happens. An extra bit of "what-if" is harmless at worst and at best could prevent a serious injury.

well been breaking in these red dawg lace to toe's from bailey's after a couple days of working in some saddle soap and using them for a week they broke in nicely . not a bad boot for 130.00. . now to see how they hold up. i say wear what you want. and use your head. heck even cedarkurf gets a way with sandels.:msp_tongue:

well been breaking in these red dawg lace to toe's from bailey's after a couple days of working in some saddle soap and using them for a week they broke in nicely . not a bad boot for 130.00. . now to see how they hold up. i say wear what you want. and use your head. heck even cedarkurf gets a way with sandels.:msp_tongue:

Another way to help break them in (besides stepping in water and wearing till dry, my favorite) is to spray the boots with rubbing alcohol several times during the day. Many saddles are broken in this way.

thinking i'll order another pair of these and a set of caulk's. before they go off sale.

Been wearing mine for a week now. Broke them in the way I used to break in motocross boots. Bathtub full of super hot water, soak them down and tie them on then flex and bend my feet. Wear to work and wear them dry. Then I snoseal them, though I found out I was out of snoseal and Im waiting for a new can to come in now.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Another way to help break them in (besides stepping in water and wearing till dry, my favorite) is to spray the boots with rubbing alcohol several times during the day. Many saddles are broken in this way.

This is how I broke in the current set of Nick's I'm wearing. Worked great, only took a couple of days, way less squishy than the alternative.

unlined, my feet wear the lining out in spots then rub me raw in thoughs spots. like at the back of the heal.

Back