Borfor Forcat 2000 track skidder ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thread.

It might be more appropriate to compare this item with something more like the ASV ST-50 than a skid-steer designed for loading/digging applications.

Don't know what they sell for.

Philbert

attachment.php

Last edited:
This is an interesting thread , I'll post an ad for the FORCAT/OXTRAC , got this in my e-mail last week

.. Come on buddy , help me out here .. We need info ... It was OX Trac ., they got bought into Forcat as I understand it . They no longer make the nice little Forcat 2000 with the Kohler gas engine . Now they are basically the OXtrac , but called Forcat D36 . They have a 36 horse Perkins diesel in them now . ..... they weigh 1500 lbs more than the little 2000 model ..... Why does every company have to size things out of existance ..... They did that with 4 wheelers and sno gos too .. Oh and the price , now they are 44,000 Canadian . At least NAFTA isn,t screwing anyone if I purchase or lease one ... The company sells a skidder ,so they make another ,which keeps manufacturing jobs going .. I get a skidder , which I wouldn,t if I had to pay 5 or 10 % tarrif on ......... I hate taxes !!!...... I sure did like the little 27 horse model tho . Big old fat square hood on the D36 . :confused: ugly .. Thanks Metals for posting the vid ... I guess they just sold one to some logger in Libby Montana ..... Tarzan , how far are you from Libby ???????

Tramp,

I'm closer to Libby than Cody (Tarzan). . . It's an hours drive West of me. . . and Cody is two hours South of me.

I wish that logger in Libby all the luck in the world. . . It's getting tough here to make a living in the woods. Smurfit Stone shutting down is really putting another nail in our "logging casket".

It really is too bad you don't live closer. I've got a machine that will actually end up being very similar in size to the small forcat on the drawing boards. I guess it is actually a little farther along since I have the engine, transmission and chains for the tracks already.

When I get it done I'd be happy to share pictures and any information I could if you wanted to make or have someone make something similar for you.

If you want a ready made machine you might look into a Magnatrack made by Struck. They have been around a good number of years. I'll see if I can find more information on them.

Mr. HE:cool:

Here is the website. http://struckcorp.com/

They have winch attachments for log pulling. Smallest machine starts at $4,800.00 and tips the scales at less than 600lbs. The bigger machine is almost 2k lbs and I'm sure costs a lot more money.

I looked at buying one several years ago and never did, got an ASV instead. I did work for a guy that owned one and he loved it. He had the big one set up with a loader and backhoe. Sounds like for your needs a blade and powered winch would be best. It would not be as easy on the ground as the Forcat, but better than tires and it will outpull even a big quad.

Anyway, I remembered them and thought I should throw it out there.

Thank you ; I went on their site . They do look very good . At this point I am pursueing the Forcat D36 ....... We'll see how that goes .... It would be nice to get a machine that is ready to go to work when it arrives .. However these Struck dozers are on the short list , as they will fit between the wheel wells of a 3/4th ton pu ...... In the long run the Forcat will out log anything in its class . And it will pay for itself in a couple years of operation . Possibly less time ... The Strucks are apealing tho . I would like to find one up here someone is working .... Thanks again .

I figured they would be a possible, but not exactly what you are looking for. The top speed seems a little slow, not for tight in stuff, but when you get to the wide open space it would sure seem like a crawl. Also very little protection for the operator from brush and limbs, but that could be added. Which brings you back to wanting a woods ready machine.

Business partners ??

Ya , now for the tough part of finding someone who wants to be a business partner . Someone who is real good with money .... I,m not bad with money , but there is only so much time in a day ....... If I could find someone who was totally trust worthy , and could handle all the wood orders , banking , and all that . maybe deliver a load of wood occasionally , This business could really get in the cut !! .. There are several markets around here that could be developed with a little more time and effort .....
Ah well new business , just takes alot of work and time .... When I was young I was always in too much of a hurry for everything right now .......I,m starting to get part of a brain in my head .. I think ....:dizzy::cry::) It has to be green color also no red or yellow color ..

Depending on your size, distance, etc., with the right attachments, these ould be of interest. They are primarily 'walk-behinds', but you can ride them standing, depending on the use:

Jonsered Iron Horse

http://www.tiltonequipment.com/assets/pdfs/iron horse_brochure_web version.pdf

attachment.php

Toro Dingo

http://www.toro.com/professional/sws/loader/track/index.html

attachment.php

These both have potential , essespecially the Iron Horse . But I have yet to find a price for the Iron Horse >>> ...... ... I have been thinking about the Matt Tracks for my 4 wheeler . which would solve many problesm with the wheels . But thats $ 4,000 bucks . which isn,t the end of the world , but I still need to get the log / tree up off the ground .... This is where the thread ( my little loggin outfit ) was headed before Cody posted the link the the Forcat 2000 vid .

These both have potential , essespecially the Iron Horse . But I have yet to find a price for the Iron Horse >>> ...... ... I have been thinking about the Matt Tracks for my 4 wheeler . which would solve many problesm with the wheels . But thats $ 4,000 bucks . which isn,t the end of the world , but I still need to get the log / tree up off the ground .... This is where the thread ( my little loggin outfit ) was headed before Cody posted the link the the Forcat 2000 vid .

Now look what I went and did! lol! I remember researching these small machines a couple of years ago when I kept getting calls from people who wanted their property cleaned up for fire reduction. The forcat seems like a sweet little machine...one of the things that I liked about it is how fast and responsive it was in that first video that I posted. Anyhow, good luck pardner, hope you can get one and it does well for you...if it doesn't...good thing there are thousands of miles between us! By the way, how far are you from Wasilla? My two kids are visiting their Mom for Christmas there right now.

Tramp,

I'm closer to Libby than Cody (Tarzan). . . It's an hours drive West of me. . . and Cody is two hours South of me.

I wish that logger in Libby all the luck in the world. . . It's getting tough here to make a living in the woods. Smurfit Stone shutting down is really putting another nail in our "logging casket".

I am so glad that I am not a Montana logger! It is a joke here, compared to what it was in the early 90's when I started; It is pathetic! Instead of calling it logging, they might as well call it "picking $hit with the chickens"...:rant: Man, I get fired up when it comes to seeing how poorly this industry is doing, not just here, but everywhere...so, I will stop ranting now. :bang:

Wasilla is 150 miles away , Anchorage is 200 ..... We might be running into Anchorage on Saturday night .See what happens for the rest of the week ........ No Nothing to worry about with the skidder ... I have all confidence that is what I am after ....... . I,m thinking a skid steer will be what I get for loading my trucks.. I,m very happy with how they work on flat ground like at a landing ... .
Just being able to skid the trees out whole will save me lifting every thing 3 times .. Which means I can lift 2-3 times as much ........ I already have an elevated log deck in my head so I will be able to pull the flat bed tight along side it and move the logs over once sawn instead of up .... .... Last night a guy I delivered to was asking me how I got that piece of wood up there .... I said , I put it there , he said, who do you have working with you ? , I told him , I work alone ( too hard to get along with to work with anyone ) .. That was one of the best things about working on a cutting crew .... Got to be on a crew , but I didn,t have to work with any one ... Just ride back and forth ...........

But I have yet to find a price for the Iron Horse.

I asked informally a few years back when they had one at the State Fair. I want to say that they are (were?) in the ballpark of $10,000 to $14,000 ?

Seemed like a lot at the time, comparing them to other yard/garden/landscaping/turf type products, but maybe not if comparing them to skid-steer/skidder type products.

Big trade offs appear to be access (better), cost (lower), travel speed (slower), capacity (lower).

Personally, if I was doing this type of work, had enough money, and a big enough garage, I would want (at least) one of each. I mean, no body plays golf with just one club, right?

Philbert

Wasilla is 150 miles away , Anchorage is 200 ..... We might be running into Anchorage on Saturday night .See what happens for the rest of the week ........ No Nothing to worry about with the skidder ... I have all confidence that is what I am after ....... . I,m thinking a skid steer will be what I get for loading my trucks.. I,m very happy with how they work on flat ground like at a landing ... .
Just being able to skid the trees out whole will save me lifting every thing 3 times .. Which means I can lift 2-3 times as much ........ I already have an elevated log deck in my head so I will be able to pull the flat bed tight along side it and move the logs over once sawn instead of up .... .... Last night a guy I delivered to was asking me how I got that piece of wood up there .... I said , I put it there , he said, who do you have working with you ? , I told him , I work alone ( too hard to get along with to work with anyone ) .. That was one of the best things about working on a cutting crew .... Got to be on a crew , but I didn,t have to work with any one ...
Just ride back and forth

Sometimes I couldn't even stand the rides back and forth! Maybe I am a little high strung? The most annoying part of a logging camp was having to eat with my co-workers...after a few months, they really started getting on my nerves! Guess that is why I don't do the "camp thing"

A few months .

Why do you think I,m the TRAMP bushler .... I don,t get tramped .. I tramp ....
It goes sumthin like this ....
. looks like it might be blowin , , ( bull buck says ) aw it ain't blowin ; me , well if I stick around it,s gonna be blowin too much to fly to town , Hey you gonna do any check scalein here this morning , Bull buck , ya why . me good I,ll get my saws , have the office " CALL ME A PLANE " .... I,m outa here boys . . Been fun , later !... What do ya want to do that for , ( cause its time to go to town )..
. May not be a good business plan , but it sure is fun !!!
. I,m old now and don,t want to tramp any more . But when there was lots of loggin , shoot , lets have er boys !!!!!! If there was any cuttin going on I was always able to get on same outfit again ...

Latest posts

Back