bought a morbark 13 with bad motor need help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So i bought a 99 model 13 with a john deere 4039t with a dead cylinder... paid 4k for it has 3000 hours
It runs but i need to get it rebuilt ASAP. I found a rebuild kit for 650 and can have a local shop rebuild it for 750 but i need to pull the motor....
So when pulling the motor do I just unbolt the clutch assembly bell housing thing and it will pull right off? Also any diagrams would be really helpful
When i reassemble will i need to adjust the clutch?
thanks

Im also considering rebuilding it myself but cant decide i can get the sleeves wet pressed in at the local shop and am very mechanically inclined but don't know if i hae the time.

So i bought a 99 model 13 with a john deere 4039t with a dead cylinder... paid 4k for it has 3000 hours
It runs but i need to get it rebuilt ASAP. I found a rebuild kit for 650 and can have a local shop rebuild it for 750 but i need to pull the motor....
So when pulling the motor do I just unbolt the clutch assembly bell housing thing and it will pull right off? Also any diagrams would be really helpful
When i reassemble will i need to adjust the clutch?
thanks

Im also considering rebuilding it myself but cant decide i can get the sleeves wet pressed in at the local shop and am very mechanically inclined but don't know if i hae the time.

You should post this in the Morbark forum. Scroll down.
Jeff

That's a pretty good price. Just unbolt it, take the cowling off and take the whole thing into the shop.
If they need to remove the clutch they can.

Yeah I thought it was a pretty good price till I found out the local municipality auction sold 2 bandit 1890s for 4500 a peice with john Deere motore...... there on cl for 14 k right now..... I will never forgive myself for skipping that auction

Maybe those were a good deal maybe not. You don't know until you get it home and start working on them.
What I meant was the $750 rebuild cost is a good deal. For the most part a 4 cylinder diesel usually cost $4500 to rebuild including parts.

Latest posts

Back