boxer 532dx ground speed issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stump Ugly

Reaction score
I purchased a used boxer 532dx 2010 with 1000 hrs. It seems nice and good strong hydraulic power. But the specs say it goes 3mph forward and reverse. Well it seemed slow so i took out my gps at max throttle in high speed mode im lucky to hover around 1.5mph. Anyone else have a 532 dx and a gps to see if boxer specs are just lies or if there is actually a problem. It just seems down rite slow.

my little Thomas did the same thing around a 1000hours. the pump was getting worn out. put on a new pump and made a big difference. I believe they are close to being the same pump on those two machines.

Contacted boxer. They were helpful but stated that without testing the hydraulic flow to drive motors there wasnt much else to say. I dont have a hydraulic flow tester. Gage52 did you buy your hydro pump from dealer or was there somewhere you cross referenced the pump and got it cheaper?

dave from top notch attachments/equipment helped me out with it. can't remember exactly what I paid for the new one. if I remember right it wasn't that bad, I think around 500. I know It sucked pulling brush at 1.5mph.

Ya it has the switch. Switch seems to be working. I am pulling pump off and a local hydraulic shop is pressure and flow testing it for about 100$. New pump from dealer is 455. Ill keep u guys posted.

from what I remember they are kind of a throw away pump. not worth rebuilding. its like silver in color. single gear pump. made from some company in Italy

Yup. Shop pulled pump apart shot. 1/8 in groove on one chamber. Pitting on other chamber. Smearing on both ends. New pump dumped hydro fluid and new filter. Runs fast powerful and sweet! Thanks gage52

Latest posts

Back