BP blowers.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BR-550 rocks!...would have got the 600, but too heavy for the wife. 4-Mix engine is super easy to start.

Are you sure about the weight? I just bought 2 of the BR600's & was told they are lighter than the BR550; I don't know how the 550 compares real time in a pile of leaves, but the 600's are awsome!

BR-550- 21.8 lb.
BR-600- 21.6 lb.
You are correct...
She felt the 600 was a little balkier than the 550. (women!!!)
They both have the same engine-64.8 cc
BR-550 cheeper too.

Both are awesome blowers..thank God I have a wife willing to do that..most wouldn't even dream of doing that!

In the City of Mt. Falls, there is no noise ordinace per say...65 db. is the MINIMUM noise you can run! the louder the better! More respect from neighbors!:givebeer:

In the City of Mt. Falls, there is no noise ordinace per say...65 db. is the MINIMUM noise you can run! the louder the better! More respect from neighbors!:givebeer:

I like the whole "louder is better" concept; although I am stihl getting used to the different tone of my BR600. Yesterday, I spent the morning cleaning up a couple of blowdowns and when I finally got around the running the BR600 - it didn't sound right (what with the chainsaws and screaming blowers) until I pointed it at a large pile and it moved. The blowing crew had moved the pile as far as they could - the BR600 moved it another 20'+ into the woods where it belonged.

I really like this blower, respect it more with each use. :clap:

Back