brand new 576xp at. what is loose i can hear rolling back and forth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maine

vacationland
Reaction score
so my newest saw just got delivered today. 576xp autotune.

anyways, if i roll it back and forth from side to side i can hear something go back and forth.

it is definitely not the fuel filter.

sounds like a ball bearing.

should i have to take this thing apart before i start it for the first time?

Oil or fuel line. Ship it to me and I will verify. Put turn and oil in it and see if it remains...

it is definitely not the fuel line.

i can hear that clunk seperatly.

turned the oil screw all the way tight then out 3 turns counter clockwise to compensate for the 24" bar.

makes the same noise.

slowly pulled rope as i rocked it back and forth so i know (or at least think) it's nothing in the cylinder.

still no idea what it is, but it definitely slides back and forth at least an inch or 2 from what i guesstimate.

guess i'll figure out if it's detrimental or not on the first start tomorrow.

either way, bought those 3 cans of overpriced gas just to double the warranty.

not sure if i got ripped off in the end or not. never had an xp before, just 3 of their consumer saws, the original 50, the 350, and the 460 rancher.

needed something a little bigger this time so i decided to go all out on the xp.

$896 ouch. barely ever spent half that much on a saw. did come with a 24" bar and 2 chains and 3 cans of the husky gas (again just for the double warranty)

i just want to make sure nothing is wrong in there and i'm not going to get a "loose change in the blender" type of horrible the first time i start this up.

put oil in it and the noise will disappear

as you said

it did.

thank you.

so i assume that noise was just part of the mechanical oiler?

this came bone dry in sealed box. never opened/tuned/tested.

anyways, time for the break in tomorrow! cannot wait.

it has a heavy weighted brass pick up on the end of the oil line to keep it in the oil no matter which way its turned. whens it dry you will here it rattle around. its a common thing that i am asked about often.

it has a heavy weighted brass pick up on the end of the oil line to keep it in the oil no matter which way its turned. whens it dry you will here it rattle around. its a common thing that i am asked about often.

thank you for explaining the situation.
I have never bought a saw "dry" before.
Most come from a local dealer after they have tested/tuned it.
Makes a lot more sense now and my mind is at ease.

again, thank you for your knowledge.

A 576xpat is one of the smoothest saws i've ever run.

i am guessing you do not need to alter much for breaking in because of autotune?

i am coming from years of breaking in dirtbikes. I assume it is much the same for seating the rings without glazing the cylinder.

i have read all 13 posts from the sticky on breaking in, and while none of them mention autotune I do not see it as much of a difference.

the first thing i will takeout is the spark arrestor before starting her up though.

up here we just have no need for these silly screens.

have not seen it under 40% RH in weeks.

that said, i would assume if i broke it in without the spark arrestor the autotune would tune itself to it from the get go?

still not sure exactly how long they take to tune themselves. never ran an "automatic carburetor" before...

used to tuning and sync'ing 4 clyinder old school racing bikes (gixxers) but i can't imagine that amount of finess is needed on a saw.

My 562 took about 6 tanks to loosen up and about 10 to plateau out. I haven't run a 576 but I'd imagine it will be 4-5 depending on the loads.

Best part is just go cut wood with it and it does the rest. No special breakin needed. You will be impressed with it over your other saws.

Latest posts

Back