Brand new 576xp startup problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pijetro

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey all...
Just a week ago, I ended up trying out my new saw...
No matter what i do, I always end up flooding the carb (at least I asssume so)..

I can't hear the saw turning over, and I end up smelling gas. I find myself having to open the choke, hold the throttle, and do a cold pull (if that's the term)...

I can see smoke coming out of the muffler, but once it runs, the saw works like a dream.
Of course, when it's warmed up, I don't have a problem re-starting..

Seems to be a problem on cold starts..Am I doing something wrong? Should I be changing the sparkplug??

I typically apply full choke, pull till it pops, shut off choke and continue pulling till it starts. It typically takes two pulls with the choke on.

I typically apply full choke, pull till it pops, shut off choke and continue pulling till it starts. It typically takes two pulls with the choke on.
Thanks...
Of course, this is what I did on all my previous saws..But perhaps because this is a brand new saw, I'm not hearing it pop.
Plus, the decompression valve doesn't pop out. So i'm assuming it hasn't actually fired..
Please educate me..

Have had mine a couple months. Same as Mesupra: Full choke, 2-3 pulls, pop, no choke 1-2 pulls. I never use the decomp . The 880 was the only saw I needed it.

Maybe you are accidentally pushing the starter lever to off. It's possible I suppose if you are wearing heavy gloves

pijetro try to avoid decomp is a very good idea . i plug all my saws decomps off as i hate them . they make a saw harder to start in theory buy lowing the compression . i see u are an south Ontario fellow also do you mind me asking where in southern Ontario

pijetro try to avoid decomp is a very good idea . i plug all my saws decomps off as i hate them . they make a saw harder to start in theory buy lowing the compression . i see u are an south Ontario fellow also do you mind me asking where in southern Ontario

I'm up on Hamilton mountain, just a few minutes away from the West Lincoln area. Picked up the saw from Boater's choice in Sudbury for $699 brand new..Non AT of course.

I see you're in SW Ontario..I'm heading down to Lake St. Clair this weekend for a duck hunt...Hoping to get some diver action...

I was going to suggest not using the CR also, my 362 C-M does not like to start in the cold when I use it.

I think in the cold, with the CR, U can flood it w/o it popping.

I use the CR if I restart it warm, no problem.

Good Luck, and keep us posted. Information is Golden!

Sometimes that 'pop' ain't exactly loud and if missed you keep pulling on full choke and flooding accurs. A lot of newer generation saws like the 576 will flood quite easily. When you say that you see a little smoke come out, l would suggest that it has popped and you did not realise and kept pulling ending up flooding the saw. What l am trying to say is the starting behavior of latest gen saws is quite different from years gone by. l think you will resolve this issue as you 'learn' from your new toy. l want a 576xp, l think its third or forth on the list but those who own them really love how smooth the AV is complimented with good power. An underated model lMO.

I'm up on Hamilton mountain, just a few minutes away from the West Lincoln area. Picked up the saw from Boater's choice in Sudbury for $699 brand new..Non AT of course.

I see you're in SW Ontario..I'm heading down to Lake St. Clair this weekend for a duck hunt...Hoping to get some diver action...

lake st. clair isent that sarnia way

Back