Breaking in my JS 62 winnings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemniii

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
What's the break in period?
Reading posts here it seems y'all recommend no WOT for several tanks to 5 tanks.
The JS 62 manual says
20 hours or 30 tanks

That seems like a long time to me.

Also - any suggested mods?

That is a really long time....

Most of the "break in" occurs in the first couple of MINUTES running...not tanks of gas. From what I have seen on this site, most people WAY overstate the amount of break in time.

Most of the motors I have built have the rings seat in the first 20 minutes of running...or less.

Just my experience....

That's what I thought.
Heck for my Stihl 021, light usage firewood saw, I've owned it maybe 10 years and don't think I've put 30 hours on it.

But then again my VW JSW TDI isn't really broke in till 60,000 miles.
10,000-60,000
This is when the rest of the break in occurs. The engine from the factory will check out with about 475psi of compression pressure out of the crate. It will take at least 60,000 miles to reach the peak pressure of 550psi. For the most part once you get to 10,000 miles your compression will be around 510psi meaning that most of the break in has occured.

What's the break in period?
Reading posts here it seems y'all recommend no WOT for several tanks to 5 tanks.
The JS 62 manual says
20 hours or 30 tanks

That seems like a long time to me.

Also - any suggested mods?

You are not going to hurt that saw just make sure you have a good fresh mix in it and go cut wood. :chainsawguy:

Back