Breaking News: Operation Flippy Cap.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS

Cowshot
Have you ever noticed that when Woodcutter TV posts Space Mule does not? I wonder if there is a connection...?

Honestly, I try my best not to notice either one of them.

That being said, say what you want about Space, his posts usually make sense even if his point of view doesn't.

Arrowhead

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Great... another flippy cap thread.
d34fc96f.gif

Arbonaut

Arbonaut

Go Climb It
Most my more powerful stuff has threaded caps. This is really a threaded cap thread.

I got enough firewood for three years. Someone said MS660's had a weak crankshaft. Think I'll go see if someone will elaborate on that.

Nosmo

Nosmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Knock Off Brand Stihl Caps

I know this one is an old thread but rather than start a new one on the subject ---------- I'm tired of those flip caps and getting new ones from a Stihl dealer.

Does anyone know of an economical place to order a few of the gas and oil flip caps -- knock off brand.

Nosmo

Isna

Logging and sharing it (teaching)
. AS Supporting Member.
I am often annoyed by the oil flip cap: If the tank is overfilled, you have to double check the cap or it might pop out. Nevertheless, I don't understand how you guys manage to break them. We have 26 employees running Stihl chainsaws with flippy caps. Some of them are really careless. Many have spilled oil on their pants but I've never had a broken cap. I just don't get how you guys manage to break them...

les-or-more

les-or-more

I was here but now im gone!
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
I am often annoyed by the oil flip cap: If the tank is overfilled, you have to double check the cap or it might pop out. Nevertheless, I don't understand how you guys manage to break them. We have 26 employees running Stihl chainsaws with flippy caps. Some of them are really careless. Many have spilled oil on their pants but I've never had a broken cap. I just don't get how you guys manage to break them...

Good question, I think Stihl came out with them as a safety measure so people wouldn't hurt themselves, if you can't screw the gas cap on ya probably aren't ready to operate a dangerous power tool.:laugh:

D&B Mack

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!

I have broken several. But it only has happened on really cold days.

Haven't had any of the 'new' caps break though.

Nosmo

Nosmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Breakin' 'em ain't no problem.

It ain't no problem breakin' them - some of them just fall apart. The problem is the cost of replacin' 'em.

Replacing them at a cost less than what the Stihl dealer wants is what I want to find out - not how to keep from breaking them.

Nosmo

Latest posts