Bridge options for Petzl saddle.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zapblam

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Petzl Navaho. Has anyone done a floating bridge across side Ds on a saddle?

Fixed bridge works ok until limbwalking trying to reach way out to branch tips......keeps wanting to pull you around. Because I am only a parttime work climber and this saddle was a freebie, I make this saddle work the best I can. Saddle twists or I twist. Just looking for options without investing in another saddle.....yet.

Last edited:
I don't think the side d's r rated for life support and I don't see how u could modify your own bridge in there because it looks like it's all stitched together in the middle.

Lanyard position side D are not rated?

I am almost talking about using a lanyard as a bridge. I will probably never do this bridge thing, just thinking out loud.

Side D's are for work positioning, they aren't meant to support your whole weight full time as the front bridge does.

I stitched my own adapter kit for a floating bridge on my Navaho. However, I would mention that I have an industrial sewing machine and have training in sewing for rigging. Not something you can do at home without the knowledge and a $2000 machine.

I tacked on 2 side straps that originate under the side Ds and then wrap through them. I sewed 2 risers that the leg loops run through, and brought those and my bridge together with stainless quick links. This is all a closed stitched system. I stitched my own bridge out of 2700lb nylon webbing tripled over. I over stitch it all with t90 bonded nylon thread. You can pick up a car with all of this.

I guess I did it because I could.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390361615.700866.jpg

Here's the complete rig.

Just pointing out that it is possible, but not something you can do at home.

DO NOT ATTEMPT AT HOME.

I will just keep training with what I have. Learning to not fight the restriction of the fixed bridge and work around it. If I decide to go fulltime then I will invest in a more appropriate harness. A bridge connected between the 2 side D was just a wonder why it couldn't work moment.

Latest posts

Back