Bring back the old version

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The default bold white pains my eyes.

If you tend to "hang" on the site for a while change the colors.
In Firefox it's 4 or 5 clicks:
Tools-->Options --> Content --> Fonts and colors --> Colors -
Then choose a color and unselect "Allow pages to choose....."

Of course you can get fancier with Chrome editing, and you might want to undo it when you leave.

I set mine to light green and also tried eggnog (mmmmm eggnog at 0700)

As with anything, including this change, there are pros and cons. I don't think anyone would argue that decreased load times are bad, but the visual aspect is harder to read for me and there does appear to be wasted space on the left and right of the screen. I agree that not all the changes are positive and I have a suggestion.

I have considerable experience with conflict resolution. I'm sure the person responsible for the change is interested in how the members feel about it. I'd bet they'd also be interested in specifics. So, my suggestion is a poll with the specifics of what you do and don't like about the change. I don't mind starting the poll, but since I'm relatively new here, I think it might be better for a more long term member did it.

I would ask that whoever decided to "upgrade" the site to this new version to honestly and seriously look at what it looks like. I will assure that is not user freindly at all. It is not at all a upgrade. It now looks like a cheesy homemade site. I know there are numerous threads that echo my same feelings. The site has went downhill with the "upgrade" CHANGE IT BACK

Bill

:agree2:Yep it went from being the best ,only nice saw site to another wanna be cheap ass imitation of what AS used to be.

crap.jpg

It just doesn't look good on a Wide screen Monitor :computer2:

Anybody notice that Darin and the mods are curiously silent and absent during this whole thing?

I'd like to hear what they have to say about the recent changes.

I'd like to know what their reaction to all the discontent is.

I'd like to know their reasons for such radical change.

Now...I'd like another cup of coffee.

I also think this new configuration is very much a degrading move for the forum.

For one thing, the normal vBulletin navigation tools are missing.

It appears that the title page for posts takes more vertical space than before for each post.

For another, the HUGE avatars and the space around them (such as to the left of this post) take up space on the screen that could be (and used to be) for text.

PLEASE revert to the older configuration.

In addition - there is absolutely no reason that all the "stickies" need to show up on any page but the first. Even on the first page, though, there are too many "stickies". A folder for all of the "stickies" makes much more sense.

Last edited:
I would ask that whoever decided to "upgrade" the site to this new version to honestly and seriously look at what it looks like.
CHANGE IT BACK

Bill

It was a shock to get up and see "this", when the night before it was great! I agree I don't like this either, but than agin I didn't "vote for hope and change" either, now I'm left with nothing but change and the'll be coming for that too!?:hmm3grin2orange:
Gotta get those section 8'rs cell phones!:mad:

Anybody notice that Darin and the mods are curiously silent and absent during this whole thing?

I'd like to hear what they have to say about the recent changes.

I'd like to know what their reaction to all the discontent is.

I'd like to know their reasons for such radical change.

Now...I'd like another cup of coffee.

Bob are you on too something???? :hmm3grin2orange:

It just doesn't look good on a Wide screen Monitor :computer2:
I keep seeing that same complaint and I dont have any problem. I'm using a hp2010i - labeled as a "16:9 widescreen LCD monitor" that is 20"diagonal - along with XP and firefox - and it has filled my screen from side to side ever since they changed it. My resolution is set at 1024x768

this whole site change and the subsquent theads and posts are amusing. like to think of myself as someone that likes change but this one got me. I didn't do it or know it was coming. that, I think, is what has put so many shorts in tight knots.
no comments from those that made the changes just continues to make people more upset that their cheese was moved.

let us hear what and why are/ were the reasons for the changes and maybe we can get back to the important debates of 346 vs 261 and gary goo vs used motor oil

any mods reading here or was that another one of the changes? BTW where the puck did spell check go?

Everybody needs to chill, and let them straighten out the bugs. No need for 500 bellyaching threads.

Just consider this. If you have never been to AS, and just registered, it would be like getting on the site for the first time, and you will have to get use to it

Sure its different, but some of the changes are good ones.

I havent had any issues with the gray bar on the sides though, and we have a big monitor

I don't know about performance issues, but I find the new colors and layout more difficult.

I am sure it is mostly a matter of getting used to, but I find the new layout visually demanding enough that I probably won't visit as often. For example, I find the dimmer green subject lines hard to read as compared to the other text. Guess my eyes are getting too old for the newer thinking.

Usually I visit for some easy entertainment, with a little edification thrown in, and so far I am not enjoying my time with the new platform.

But who cares, and naturally you can't stand in the way of progress.

And platforms always ultimately boil down to money, so the owners have their own reasons besides what I think/want.

I'll throw in that if anyone thinks the old platform was a club hasn't visited the yellow chainsaw carving forum. That tool is a middle school class project from the 80's. Anything would be an improvement, even this platform (maybe...).

Last edited:
Just keep pissin and mounin. AS can go the way ######## just did in the last few days. I think some of you guys even complain when your wife make you change you underwear. Was it hard for you all after you got married, when the wife told you to get rid of your spidie undies? Or were they superman or batman?
Bob

Mods, you can take race saws off the no no list now. They are no longer with us.
Bob

I would ask that whoever decided to "upgrade" the site to this new version to honestly and seriously look at what it looks like. I will assure that is not user freindly at all. It is not at all a upgrade. It now looks like a cheesy homemade site. I know there are numerous threads that echo my same feelings. The site has went downhill with the "upgrade" CHANGE IT BACK

Bill

I don't like it at all. Very hard to read the list of threads page with all the "cheesy" colors and icons. The old version was much more readable and easier to navigate.

Latest posts

Back