Bringing back a 621 Jonsereds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday morning Unc. and I changed out the covers......from the old beat, cracked, more bare metal than paint one to the stellar NOS Silver one he picked up from his personal supplier of Jonsereds parts......last one he had!!! Funny........we didn't start the saw before we changed covers .... Unc. had never heard it run, so after we were done I stepped outside......set the trigger, pulled the choke and started pulling...........and pulled a bit more.....it started but wouldn't spool up, was skipping and threatening to stall if you didn't try to keep it running. Of course this is the moment of truth with the new owner standing there.......Unc was puzzled.......I was unhappy......I cut two tankfuls with it last time I ran it.....ran perfect.... So back on the bench it went.......I was prepared to tear into it if need be...took the top cover off first.....noticed the ign wire from the points/generator coil just fell off the spade terminal or was already off on the spark coil.....LOL.....put a bit more crimp in the female end and slipped it back on the spark coil......put the new cover back on and went back outside......took right off and ran perfect!!! Unc was delighted and needless to say...so was I...... :cheers:

PICT0142.JPG PICT0143.JPG PICT0144.JPG PICT0147.JPG

Latest posts

Back