Broke it! 266SE clutch spring gripes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailgunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hacking up a heap of logs earlier and the clutch stuck on, I realised what had happened and shut down for the day. Sure enough the clutch spring has broken and the shoes are dragging on the drum. Can I get the spring seperately or do I have to get a whole new clutch? I'd rather not do that.

mine is the older type, i think, with the sliding shoes and hexagon nut in the middle. Cheers :)

Hacking up a heap of logs earlier and the clutch stuck on, I realised what had happened and shut down for the day. Sure enough the clutch spring has broken and the shoes are dragging on the drum. Can I get the spring seperately or do I have to get a whole new clutch? I'd rather not do that.

mine is the older type, i think, with the sliding shoes and hexagon nut in the middle. Cheers :)

you can get just the spring.

Tidy, thanks. I did look on the www and found one place that has the spring, they want £2 for the spring and £4 to post it. Robbery! I'll ask around the usual places in town and see if they've got one kicking about.

More gripes - I find out today why the chain cocks over so often, the chain is 0.05" pitch and the bar is a .063" ... Guess the last owner didn't know there were different sizes of chain. I just never checked before.

Luckily I have a decent Oregon bar and a 72dl loop of semi chisel that i can stick on it from my old Homelite, once I've put some oil holes in it. Bother and blast anyway :censored:

Back