Broken bridge in 088 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a friends saw, he lost a cir-clip, and then you know pretty much the rest of the story. In the process, one of the transfer bridges was broken.
What would happen if I removed both bridges?
Can I get some idea's of can's and can'ts.

I have a friends saw, he lost a cir-clip, and then you know pretty much the rest of the story. In the process, one of the transfer bridges was broken.
Well, if it's already broken, why not remove them and see for yourself. :cheers:

cut closed transfer bridges

I have cut them completely out on some saws looking for gains, I did see added mid range torque and no affect of top end. If I had one that was broke I wouldn't hesitate to cut it out.

I have cut them completely out on some saws looking for gains, I did see added mid range torque and no affect of top end. If I had one that was broke I wouldn't hesitate to cut it out.

Thanks my friend, thats all I needed.
I was going to try it anyway, but needed some "real world experience."

While you are at it, I would port the lowers so they feed out of the case - match them to the gasket. Make it an 'open port' saw - I know quite a few open port saws that can be made into real runners.

OR, you could JB weld it back in - I know for a fact it has been done before on some competition racing chainsaws. Don't know how well it would hold up for logging.

Josh

Back