Broken case 034 super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

link523

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
a5y7e9ag.jpg
. Do you guys think this could be jb welded or do I need to replace the case. I got this saw an a 036 today off Craig's for $100. The 034 started with fresh gas. The 036 is in box sand needs rebuilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stared at it for a while. It's missing the brake band. I don't see a crack??

Help us help you. Where do you think it's cracked at? That is one heck of a deal for one of Stihls best saws. 036 is one of my favorites.

Damn your in MI and I missed that one on cl. I'll help you recover some cost if you want to get ride of one of those saws.

yes "ozhoo" is right the pin is busted out of the case. I am going to sell both. Just not sure if i am going to fix the 034 super or sell as is. The 036 is going to get rebuilt first.

Run it without a brake. I can't remember the last time I even used a brake.

yes "ozhoo" is right the pin is busted out of the case. I am going to sell both. Just not sure if i am going to fix the 034 super or sell as is. The 036 is going to get rebuilt first.
Pm me if you want to sell it or trade it. How's the top end on it or the 036?

Whats on the other side of the case?
Could you get a metal pin the right size,drill a hole in the case for the pin,maybe a thousandth or so smaller.Heat the case,and apply some retaining compound and insert the pin.
Thomas

Nice job Ozhoo. I'm with Yukon Stihl, there should be a way to insert a pin.

it looks like some one tried fixing it. now the hole is ob longed. Yes its already a thru hole maybe able to bolt it with a support plate in the muffler. Thanks for the help

hope you get it fixed .. 034 super is one of my favorite saws .. sold mine long ago in a moment of weakness. JB weld will not work for structural repair.

We'll this is what I am trying. Milled the case flat with a end mill in my drill press. Drilled the hole and tapped it for 1/4-20 bolt. Placed a large washer on the bolt for support and lock tight the treads. Used a 1/4" nut as a spacer to take up the area I milled off. And used a nylock nut back words so it would not bind the linkage. We will see if it holds up.
egy6u5ur.jpg
ebytygap.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back