Brother got the wrong gas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 327 ran on points and .032 plug gap. Try to fit it with a modern ignition and the .060 new plugs and see how long the plugs last. This applys to leaded or non-leaded fuel. That 327 probably had high compression and your new vehicle does not. BTW that old Holly or Carter carburetor wasn't exactly great at optimal mixed fuel/air ratios either.

That 327 ran on points and .032 plug gap. Try to fit it with a modern ignition and the .060 new plugs and see how long the plugs last. This applys to leaded or non-leaded fuel. That 327 probably had high compression and your new vehicle does not. BTW that old Holly or Carter carburetor wasn't exactly great at optimal mixed fuel/air ratios either.

Do you mean I HAD to change plugs, points, and condenser every 12K miles? I replaced the distributer cap and rotor every 2 to three tune-ups because they were burned to a crisp? I remembered doing it because I needed to keep the economy active.

Latest posts

Back