Bucket Extension

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clawmute

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
BUCKETEXTEND.jpg

This is a lightweight quick attach/detach bucket extension that I am going to build for my Kubota. It will be built out of 1/2" pipe that I have on hand. It will not require any bolting or pinning. I have a set of fork truck forks built similar to this, you can just hook the bucket under the frame and go,

1. Forked 'Y's' at bottom straddle the bucket blade (grader blade welded on) the truss across the bottom front will limit the crossmember deflection when the extension is loaded down.

2. The 2 tension members are hooked at the top and pivot on bolts at the bottom as shown. 'C' shaped bar brackets weld at each end of the tractor bucket. The tensions bars hook into these.

I can get this on/off the tractor quickly, not like the heavy toothed extension I built a while ago and am still using. It works well but weighs about 150lbs. I can get this "new improved model on/off in a minute or something, and it will be great for split wood or lengths.

I hauled some chunks from this Red Oak last weekend that were 24" dia x 6ft. long, and will still use the old extension for heavy duty stuff. I blew a tire on the little dump type trailer I built for my ATV, so replaced undercarriage with an old rigid pipe axle/hubs/14" tires. Ready to haul now! Lots of wood down.

RedOak2.jpg

Latest posts

Back