Bucket leans sideways

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucknduck

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have an arial lift of conecticut on my truck, and it leans slightly to the right. You can notice it when the lift is resting on the truck. It operates fine and I grease it and check the cables. the bolts that hold the bucket to the boom are not loose either. It is a 2002 in pretty good shape. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, is this bad?

That is a trick question , in that it could be OK or not .Inspection would be needed but I will say that I also gave an ALoC lift and have noticed the same thing. I had the guys come down and inspect mine and install new rods in the cylinders. I got the thumbs up on mine and mine is an 85 model:jawdrop: . The guy working on it told me to keep it greased and it would outlast the 98 model truck it's sitting on with only 18k miles. I don't want to say yours is OK without seeing it but I tend to think it is. Give them a call and have it checked to be sure as an oops up 60 feet is a bad OOPPPPPSSSS!

If its an Altec the leveling cables inside the boom need to be adjusted. All of our booms are Altecs. I work for a power company.

who does the leveling adjusting on your altec boom?

I have an Altec boom model lb650a and I noticed the cables might be loose, since when I am up in the bucket i can hear them wack the sides once in a while, Do you have altec come out to you to do the adjusting, do you bring it in to altecs shop or do you have someone in your company that does it? thanks

check the bearings you will no wen your cables are loose wen your bucket will move back and forth { its called timing your bucket} tom trees:cheers:

when i work for wrights tree service, they had almost all aeriel lift of conn, and i remember all the ones i used leaned too, some worst than others.

I have an Altec boom model lb650a and I noticed the cables might be loose, since when I am up in the bucket i can hear them wack the sides once in a while, Do you have altec come out to you to do the adjusting, do you bring it in to altecs shop or do you have someone in your company that does it? thanks

We have 2 grades of mechanics A and B, A mechanics are Arial and B are chassis we do all our own work.

Does anyone know someone in the CT area who can adjust cables on my altec boom?

Thanks for the advice, does anyone know of someone in the Connecticut area who can come out to adjust the cables on my altec boom? also, Does arial lift of ct adjust altec booms or just there own?
:cry:

The bucket can be losened on an ALC and the bucket leveled easily I dont know about an ALTEC.

I've got an LR III that makes noises sometimes.

What does yours sound like and how do you know its the cables whacking the sides??

:confused::monkey:i can hear them wacking the upper boom from inside when i am raising and lowering the upper boom, I have a guy coming over this week to look at the cables and adjust them, he said he had done this before. don't know if i should trust him or just call altec to adjust the cables for 600 bucks, it might be worth it just to spend the 600, that way i wont have to pay alot more if this guy screws the cables up... im still confused:givebeer:

Back